Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: At the range today with my daughter.

Boolit Master

At the range today with my daughter.

My daughter and family were visiting us from out of state the last three days. Yesterday we spent about 4 hours at our local outdoor range. She had a Glock 42 in 380 Auto that she was having trouble with. Stove piping and poor groups. This was supposed to be her carry gun! I had a Bersa Thunder in 380 that I had purchased a few years back and told her to try it. She loved it and was producing some good groups. What else can a Dad do, I gave it to her with three spare mags. She was thrilled. I know that many people frown on the Bersas but I have found it to be a very reliable and accurate little gun, and quite comfortable to shoot. Made my day to give her something that was reliable for her to carry. Made my day. Her son (13years old) was shooting it and my 22 Colt Buntline scout and was doing really well. A great day for Grandpa!

Boolit Master
    Good for you retread. And good for your daughter.
    The little Colt Scout in Buntline is a great deal of fun.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

Giving a daughter a tried and true shooter regardless of the name stamped on the side is a great gift. Did she bring the Glock for Dad to diagnose?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy
    Tell her to trade in her Glock 42 for an M&P 380EZ. She'll love it. My wife says her 380EZ is the nicest pistol she's ever shot. She hated the Glock 42.

Boolit Master

Yes, I have the Glock and have stripped it down and given it a thorough cleaning and inspection but did not detect anything that would cause the problem. She has been keeping it clean! I will take it to the range again and see if I can find any cause. I am not a fan of Glocks so if anyone wants to share any Glock info that might pertain to its malfunction, I would appreciate it. It stove piped with my reloads and with factory ammo also. I originally thought it might be in need of a thorough cleaning but on my take down I saw little to no residue or dirt that would cause the problem.

Is it possible that your Daughter was limp wristing the glock? By the way, any time spent with Daughters at the range is quality time. My MBH (much better half) and I get to shoot with one of ours on a similar regular basis. They both limp wristed the Shield 9 mm until they got used to it.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Does it keyhole when YOU fired it? What loads are you putting through it.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Bub
    How long has she had it? The first batch of Glock 42's were recalled, but those were from 2014. What are the first few letters of the serial? If those letters start with AA, it may be under a recall.

At the same time, Glock updated the magazines several times. The newest magazines have a 02 stamped on the back of the them.

Give Glock a call, they will swap out the older magazines for the newest ones without charge if you send them in.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I really liked my bersa wish i still had it. There is nothing better than time with kids

Boolit Master

yes, her grip was low which made it worse. Her husband was there and he said that was her problem so I gave it to him and he experience the same thing but not as often. He is definetly not limp wristed or my 44 mag load in my Bisley Blakhawk would have imprinted on his forehead when he shot it Pretty hot loads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Joe Clarke View Post
    Is it possible that your Daughter was limp wristing the glock? By the way, any time spent with Daughters at the range is quality time. My MBH (much better half) and I get to shoot with one of ours on a similar regular basis. They both limp wristed the Shield 9 mm until they got used to it.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Master

No sign of keyholing.
    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk0 View Post
    Does it keyhole when YOU fired it? What loads are you putting through it.

redhawk

Boolit Master

I will check the serial #, Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by red67 View Post
    How long has she had it? The first batch of Glock 42's were recalled, but those were from 2014. What are the first few letters of the serial? If those letters start with AA, it may be under a recall.

At the same time, Glock updated the magazines several times. The newest magazines have a 02 stamped on the back of the them.

Give Glock a call, they will swap out the older magazines for the newest ones without charge if you send them in.

My daughter has a Glock 42 also and had a similar problem. The Cure was to hold it tight when firing it and use european-spec ammo. It runs like a sewing machine now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Sounds like a real good reason to get rid of the thing. If it can't shoot cast and needs European spec ammo it is worthless IMHO! Thanks for the heads up Tex.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    My daughter has a Glock 42 also and had a similar problem. The Cure was to hold it tight when firing it and use european-spec ammo. It runs like a sewing machine now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Ammo problem... Try different ones before giving up on it. Wish you were closer, Got some that were having a coating problem. Not being sold on the open market. BOY does the 9 MM feed like GOOSE POO. Using a full size 9 MM Remington and the new SKY from Florida. Wouldn't feed, they will those shells. Long nose solid copper hollow points with Black Coating. Green bleeding out, spotty with greenish cast on nose only. Wipes off. But oh my do they shoot good. SEEMS fairly hot loaded..

Boolit Master
    I'll say this again, All new guns need shot to wear in. Built too well these days..

Boolit Master
    WOOOPSSS COLT BRANDED ammo.. I am sure some one is loading it for the market.. Looks like the Black coating is the old Winchester Lube aw Loy for shot gun shot...?