RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wind is blowing the trees....................

Boolit Grand Master

Days getting shorter, wind in the trees and less overall humidity. Falls a coming!

Boolit Master

Woke up to 48 degrees this morning.....fall is coming for sure.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Lucky you. Still sweltering on the east coast.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DDriller View Post
    Some days blowing them over.
    Indeed! Doing any work in Kingfisher Co.?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

First 'Winter Storm Warning' for SW MT and NW WY a foot of snow above 9000' earlier this week. Our high the past 3 days have been low 60's high 50's Lows are in the 40's. Tahoe in CA is in the 30's at night, color in the Cottonwoods.

We had low to mid 40's and snow already. Beartooth Pass has already shut down from snow. Summer is almost over

Boolit Master
    Fall is here in MN, that is for sure...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Saw my first falling leaves yesterday.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

here today too. right out of the south. nothing cool that direction.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Grand Master

Fall seems a long ways off right here. Although the temps are 6º or 8º lower than normal and we have had more rain than normal, its still in the low 90's with high humidity. It could stay that way until mid or late September. Come on FALL!

Some good news is that the rain and the fronts that came through don't seem to have messed with my Doves very much. Sometimes it can.

Boolit Master
    its 86 with 63%humidity and overcast here today but we've started to see a few leaves falling

Boolit Master
    The wind only blows in the winter in Parris Island, lol. Never get a breeze in the summer.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Fall is here in MN, that is for sure...
    Fall...as in, the acorns fall from the trees.

I was at the range today, our range is basically a 10 acre woods with a yard (range) in the middle. Lots of Oak trees along the edge of the yard/range. It is a bit breezy today, and it was like a hailstorm...with the acorns falling from the trees. I was shooting the 40, I haven't heated up that Hi-Point in a long time, I always forget how accurate it is with the Lee 401-175 TC. I also had the Ruger MK II...that thing sure does like the CCI blazers compared to Federal auto-match bulk paks (accuracy-wise) ...I'll be happy when I'm out of those bulk paks.
    BONUS, no one was out there, so I was all alone to glean all the brass from a recent Police qual shoot...filled a grocery bag with 556 and 45auto.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    winter never came last year Houston got snow and we got dry hasnt snowed in two years hope we get some. The winter wheat wasn't even worth grazing. It was a 100 here yesterday fall ! not yet here and the wind , well it always blows
    Frank G.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I can sense fall coming on here - daylight slowly getting shorter, cooler int he mornings on most days but still very nice. My wife and I always joke that when we find the first acorn on the ground, it's time to head for Arizona - I don't think any have "fallen" yet but the squirrels are sure working on them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    I can sense fall coming on here - daylight slowly getting shorter, cooler int he mornings on most days but still very nice. My wife and I always joke that when we find the first acorn on the ground, it's time to head for Arizona - I don't think any have "fallen" yet but the squirrels are sure working on them.
    Our white oaks have been dropping acorns for a week here. Walnuts dropping as well. But, of course this is MN where we get our Fall into Winter started pretty early as compared to other places, it seems.

Of course, where ya are in your state of MI might make a difference. I bet the Yoopers have been seeing signs of Fall for some time as well.

I'd be getting ready to head to AZ if I were you... LOL
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Still not much sign of fall around here.
    Hot and humid...
    Nearly 10" of rain in spots yesterday.
    Couple of roads washed away as well as some homes badly damaged.
    No flooding in my neighborhood...we built our home on the second highest spot in the county so we should never have that issue.
    The runoff through the neighborhood was pretty deep and fast moving yesterday though.
    One of the roads that washed away is the most direct route to one of the gun clubs of which I am a member. Will be some time until that road reopens. My drive to the gun club will now be about 10 miles longer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12