RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee Precision

Thread: Best spot to post this question... military hats.

Boolit Master

Best spot to post this question... military hats.

I have a daughter who will be 12 this winter, she has decided over the last couple of years that she is going to go into the service, before going to university. I think she will be in much longer... Her gramps was Air Force during Korea and made a lasting impression on her before he passed. She has his flag box in her room and has now for 2 years. She talks to every active member and vet she can and has heard good stories and bad, very candid stories. She wants to be an explosives expert. She disappeared in a store this summer, figured the toy isle. Much to our surprise she was pushing a vet (30's) in his wheelchair and helping him get stuff from the shelves. I overheard her telling him that she wanted to learn to diffuse bombs so the important soldiers would not get hurt or killed trying to get to battle or away from battle. She did not know I was listening in... I could not believe the conversation that was taking place! They shopped for the better part of an hour, yes we hid and waited for them to get to the checkout line.

She does her sit ups and push ups like daily religion, loves to lift weights or people and tends to live on the edge all the time. Just tonight she had to go in for a CT to check for a concussion, came back negative. Darn basketball anyway!

Well, I am rambling... She wanted a real military backpack for school. I found a decent one, new enough it has digital camo. It stunk and was dirty as all get out. Pulled the plastic back sheet and foam pad out to wash it and we found dog prints and sand! She was ecstatic because I may have been an Army or Marine K9! We went to the gun show to find many things, but this was the hit! She is really looking for the real ball cap'ish cap with the same camo print so she can complete her outfit. Where would one get a real one? Used is fine. I just do not know how to spot a real one, and it would matter to her. The pack is a Molle II assault pack, I think she would sleep with it if she could.

Matt, to answer your question, as near as I can figure out what it is, you might take a look at the military surplus offered by www.sportsmansguide.com for a hat. I see all types there from Class A brim hats to patrol hats, berets, baseball hats, etc.
    I hope you don't mind if I send you a PM about your daughter's fascination with a military career. Opinions probably best not posted with this thread.

Boolit Master

Found it! This is what she is looking for... It is indeed the patrol cap. Now, I know what I am looking for. Thanks

Boolit Master

You might try this URL as they have a variety for Desert, Woodland, etc...

https://www.gijoesmilitarysurplus.co...&cPath=422_859
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.