Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
PBcastcoTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED- MP-Molds - Shotshell BUCKSHOT mold

In Remembrance

CLOSED- MP-Molds - Shotshell BUCKSHOT mold

Miha has requested that I close this group buy. Thank you to all who ordered.

This is the Group Buy Discussion for molds to produce shotgun shell SHOT. The original request was for #1 Buckshot, in an 18 cavity configuration. HOWEVER, Miha reports that an 8 cavity mold will produce more shot in a given time than any higher cavity configuration. He also advises that going to the requested 18 cavities would be a machining nightmare, and that the resultant as-cast balls would be less than satisfactory. He strongly suggests that the 8 cavity mold, as he previously produced last year, would produce higher quality cast balls, and would be priced better than anything of a higher cavity configuration. While waki (the original requester) might at first be disappointed, we hope that he will see the wisdom of experience, knowing that he'll be able to produce more shot per hour in the 8 cavity configuration, and that the mold will be much more economic to buy.

So, all that said, we are offering an 8 cavity shot shell shot mold, in your choice of shot sizes. You might want to buy one of each size.

Here's a quick summary of the shot sizes that could be important for your use/needs:

#1 Shot - .310" diameter - 11 pellets per oz <<< NOTE: The chart shows this size should be .300", but the group wants .310"
    #0 Buck Shot - .320" diameter - 9 pellets per oz - per the chart
    #00 Buck Shot - .330" diameter - 8 pellets per oz - per the chart
    #000 Buck Shot - .360" diameter - 6 pellets per oz - per the chart (corrected as pointed out by a member, thank you)

*** I am NOT an expert with Buck Shot. I have relied, for my knowledge, for the purposes of this Group Buy, on the following chart, which I have on good authority, is fairly accurate when depicting "NOMINAL" buck shot sizes.
    http://www.hunter-ed.com/images/pdfs...shot_sizes.pdf

Nominal typically means, "generally accepted sizes, and their implied tolerances". That is to say, when a mold maker cuts a cavity, he creates the cavity such that the lead (in this instance) will shrink slightly, such that it can fall easily from the cavity, and have a final shape and size that was expected. Depending on the lead alloy (lead/tin/antimony/other ingredients), the final size may vary by a few thousandths. Let's not quibble over a couple of thousandths. It's the agreed upon "NOMINAL" diameter that we should all be looking for. These are not aerospace machines tolerances (for the final lead shot) that we are looking at here. These are cast lead tolerances. So, it doesn't matter to me, or to Miha, what those nominal sizes are. I can either refer to the accurate charts, or take direction from you all. We will make what you want. I will re-review, based on later comments in this thread, the nominal sizes indicated. I will correct any that I see were pure typos. However, unless there's something horribly wrong, I hope that you will allow common sense, and the nominal sizes speak for themselves. I don't want to do a lot of adjusting of three decimal sizes by one or two or three thousandths of an inch, mainly because those are well within the nominal accepted sizes for the shot. However, again, this is YOUR group buy. You tell me (and Miha) what you want, and it';s my job to translate that into a production run of molds. We'll try to make as many people happy as we can. Full well knowing that there are some perfectionists who might otherwise get slightly out of joint over sizes. I do hope that this explanation will put somewhat of an end to the expected aerospace accuracy of the nominal shot sizes I have seen. Let me know if I am wrong.

The mold will be an 8 cavity mold, and you have the option to select any one of the shot sizes (only one shot size per mold).
    If you are a serious shot shell reloader, you might want to have one of each of these molds. That will give you the full selection of #1, #0, #00, and #000 buckshot!
    You can add a handle set to any mold in this group buy at a savings. Normally, the handles are 23 EUROS each. However, if you order a handle with your mold, the price is only 20 EUROS, and the handles will get shipped with the mold. Additionally, Miha is happy to offer DHL three day shipping on all mold orders, at a fixed price of only $7 (US). That's a wonderful way to get your molds fast. Three days, door to door, including a fast trip through Customs. You know how crazy shipping gets near the holidays.

When you indicate your interest, I need:
    1) Forum screen name
    2) How many of which mold you are interested in, with complete options when offered
    3) Please indicate your PayPal billing email address in disguised form (example: somebody AT domain DOT com) so Miha can invoice you when these are ready to ship.
    4) Please provide your ZIP CODE, so we can get you tracking details when the mold(s) ship
    5) Please advise if you want a handle with your mold (will ship at the same time as the mold), special price when ordered with the mold, 20 EUROS extra
    6) Please advise if you want DHL 3 day shipping for your mold, $7 US extra

8 (eight) cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, 95 EUROS, delivered

1) DukeInFlorida - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, castboolits at sebagosales dot com, 32127 Zip Code DHL Shipping
    2) Rancher1913 - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, rancheronenineonethree at yahoo dot com, 80701 Zip Code, with handles
    3) AggieEE - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, dale 1 at idworld dot net , 78108 Zip Code
    4) jmort - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, middle earth sales and service at gmail dot com
    5) babore - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, babore4570 at gmail dot com <<< Zip Code Please?
    6) Nueces - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, mhkilgore at mac dot com, 78620 Zip Code DHL shipping
    7) jdfoxinc - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, jdfoxinc at aol dot com , 80211 Zip Code
    8) 475AR- (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, sddeem AT hotmail dot com, 34209 Zip Code DHL Shipping
    9) ramhunter - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, yukonmarco at gmail dot com , with handles << need your zip code, please
    10) Shawnsmc - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, Shawn smc at hot mail dot com, 95037 Zip Code
    11) Ed K - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, mvesk at yahoo dot com, 03046 Zip Code
    12) Cavemanr6 - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, Chennings at Gmail dot C0m 02113 Zip Code, with handles , DHL Shipping
    13) autodidact - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, jbpaul AT suddenlink DOT net , 71111 Zip Code
    14) wacki - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, jnowacki at gmail dot com, 46037 Zip Code
    15) wlc - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, walter at mtaonline dot net , 99629 Zip Code
    16) Markopolo - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, Figelski at Yahoo dot com, 99950 Zip Code
    17) karlB - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, brunnerrene AT h0Tmail d0T c0M <<< Zip Code, please??
    18) Drfroglegs - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, drfroglegs at yahoo dot com, 27856 Zip Code, with handles
    19) thraxx - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, vfluckey at midco dot net, 57110, no handles, DHL shipping
    20) mortyg - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, joharm at aol dot com, 32934, with handle
    21) besk - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, rfesk at yahoo dot com, 29520, with handle
    22) Rattlesnake Charlie - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #1 shot size, charles underscore nuss at yahoo dot com 87544

8 (eight) cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #0 shot size, 95 EUROS, delivered

1) Rancher1913 - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #0 shot size, rancheronenineonethree at yahoo dot com, 80701 Zip Code, with handles
    2) Nueces - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #0 shot size, mhkilgore at mac dot com, 78620 Zip Code, DHL shipping
    3) jdfoxinc - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #0 shot size, jdfoxinc at aol dot com , 80211 Zip Code
    4) Minerat - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #0 shot size, SteveOB at outdrs dot net, 80003 Zip Code, With handles.
    5) Gamsek - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #0 shot size, gamsek at icloud dot com
    6) Rattlesnake Charlie - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #0 shot size, charles underscore nuss at yahoo dot com 87544
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

8 (eight) cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #00 shot size, 95 EUROS, delivered

1) Rancher1913 - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #00 shot size, rancheronenineonethree at yahoo dot com, 80701 Zip Code, with handles
    2) karlB - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #00 shot size, brunnerrene AT h0Tmail d0T c0M, with handles
    3) Cavemanr6 - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #00 shot size, Chennings at Gmail dot C0m 02113 Zip Code, with handles , DHL Shipping
    4) Drfroglegs - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #00 shot size, drfroglegs at yahoo dot com, 27856 Zip Code, with handles
    5) RogerDat - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot mold, #00 shot size, drccac at zoomon dot net, 48836 Zip Code DHL shipping
    6) Gamsek - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #00 shot size, gamsek at icloud dot com
    7) Rattlesnake Charlie - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #00 shot size, charles underscore nuss at yahoo dot com 87544
    8)
    9)
    10)

8 (eight) cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #000 shot size, 95 EUROS, delivered

1) Nueces - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #000 shot, mhkilgore at mac dot com, 78620 Zip Code DHL shipping
    2) Rancher1913 (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #000 shot size, rancheronenineonethree at yahoo dot com, 80701 Zip Code, with handles
    3) zymguy - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #000 shot, zymguy at gmail DOT com, 55731 Zip Code
    4) Cavemanr6 - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #000 shot size, Chennings at Gmail dot C0m 02113 Zip Code, with handles , DHL Shipping
    5) karlB - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #000 shot size, brunnerrene AT h0Tmail d0T c0M <<< Zip Code, please???
    6) Nhyrum - (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold, #000 shot size, nhyrum at Gmail dot com, 82501 Zip Code, DHL shipping
    7) thraxx - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #000 shot size, vfluckey at midco dot net, 57110, no handles, DHL shipping
    8) Rattlesnake Charlie - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #000 shot size, charles underscore nuss at yahoo dot com 87544
    9) Bluejay75 - (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot shell mold, #000 shot size, j underscore bownes at yahoo dot com , 27540 zip code
    10)
    Last edited by DukeInFlorida; 12-14-2018 at 05:06 PM.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

if 000 were to happen I'd be in

Boolit Master

put me down for 1 of each. just got to figure how to pay without paypal.

sorry. no paypal, 80701, and yes on the handles, standard shipping.

paypal finally let me set up an account, dont know if thats good or bad but if I am doing this correct it should be

rancheronenineonethree(screen name)atyahoodotcom
    Last edited by rancher1913; 09-03-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Banned

I beg you to consider .310" over .300"
    It stacks better, more density, and better terminal performance.

Another vote for 0.310" since it can also be used in 30 caliber rounds.

In Remembrance

The size I put was directly from an official shot size site. However, the last time miha made a shot she'll mold, it was 310. So I will change it.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Buddy
    Put me in for a #1 Buck .310 dia.

Banned

Bless you
    You are correct on the size
    I call .310 #.5 buckshot
    It really is just a better size for many reasons.

Banned

8 cavity .310" please
    middle earth sales and service at g mail dot .com

I will take a 8 cavity, 0.310 diameter as well.
    babore4570 at gmail dot com
    Last edited by BABore; 08-29-2018 at 04:19 PM.

In Remembrance

I will ask about #000 buckshot. Strange size. Even BIGGER than 00 Buck.
    All added. Those who haven't yet, please get me email address and zip codes. That will help a lot when this moves to active ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by zymguy View Post
    if 000 were to happen I'd be in
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    put me down for 1 of each. just got to figure how to pay without paypal.
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieEE View Post
    Put me in for a #1 Buck .310 dia.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    8 cavity .310" please
    middle earth sales and service at g mail dot .com
    Quote Originally Posted by BABore View Post
    I will take a 8 cavity, 0.310 diameter as well.
    ba+bore+4570 at g+mail dot com.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Quote Originally Posted by DukeInFlorida View Post
    I will ask about #000 buckshot. Strange size. Even BIGGER than 00 Buck.
    All added. Those who haven't yet, please get me email address and zip codes. That will help a lot when this moves to active ASAP.
    Id like it for duplex loads in my .357, soo 38 cal guys show your interest.

Boolit Master

I'm in for:

Nueces (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold for #1, mhkilgore at mac dot com, 78620 DHL shipping

Nueces (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold for #0, mhkilgore at mac dot com, 78620 DHL shipping

Interested also in #000

I'm interested have to see if the #00 can be fit into the budget. Dog had a vet bill for dislocated hip and I just made a contribution to my dentist sending their kid to Harvard if you get what I mean.

Ok got that ironed out, and decided the #0 was the ticket so...

RogerDat (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot mold for #0 without handle, drccac at zoomon with a dot and net. Yes that is dot net not dot com, 48836 DHL shipping

I'm assuming (and hoping) the Lee 6 cavity mold handles will fit. Is that correct or is there some other domestic handle I might already have that will fit these molds?
    Also if it turns out not enough interest in #0 and there is enough interest in the #00 then I could switch. I already have a .310 RB mold so it would have to be the 0 or 00 for me.
    Last edited by RogerDat; 08-31-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry Duke, E-mail: dale 1 at idworld dot net

readr1 (1) 8cav #1 shot readr1 at yahoo dot com 76020 DHL

Boolit Master
    jdfoxinc
    jdfoxinc at aol dot com

One 0 mold
    One #1 mold
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master
    could be interested if it was 000 buck.

RogerDat (1) 8 cavity aluminum shot mold for #0 without handle, drccac at zoomon with a dot and net. Yes that is dot net not dot com, 48836 DHL shipping

I'm assuming (and hoping) the Lee 6 cavity mold handles will fit. Is that correct or is there some other domestic handle I might already have that will fit these molds?
    Also if it turns out not enough interest in #0 and there is enough interest in the #00 then I could switch. I already have a .310 RB mold which is same as #1 so it would have to be the 0 or 00 for me.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    475AR- (1) 8 cav aluminum shot shell mold for #1 shot, sddeem AT hotmail dot com, 34209 Zip Code DHL Shipping

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast