WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED- MP-Molds - Shotshell BUCKSHOT mold

Mine says it was in Denver handed off(to ups I believe) for delivery! Should have it Monday!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Mine arrived at my front door yesterday, DHL delivery. I had signed up for no signature required. If sent by mail, it would have taken at least another week and I'd have had to make the trek into town to sign for them; that costs about what the DHL shipping costs. I will continue to opt for DHL when offered.

Thanks, Miha, for offering the DHL option.

Boolit Buddy

For all those who have received theirs or have tracking info... Do you only get tracking if you opted for the DHL shipping?

I paid the minute I got the invoice but haven't got any shipping/tracking info yet.

I'm not in a huge rush, just curious if I should be looking out for them (if they shipped without tracking) or if I will get tracking info when they ship regardless of if they're ground or DHL.

Really excited to get these. They will be my 4th and 5th Miha molds!

I did get tracking. I got an email from miha asking for a phone number. The address it sent from was noreply@dhl so check spam?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by nhyrum View Post
    I did get tracking. I got an email from miha asking for a phone number. The address it sent from was noreply@dhl so check spam?

I didn't pay extra for the DHL shipping. I'm wondering if you get tracking with the normal shipping?

All the major shipping companies (USPS, UPS and FedEx) deliver very consistently to my house with no problems (I'm in the woods), so I was scared to risk it with a new company (DHL).

This is my second mould from miha. My first one was before the DHL option. After they were all paid for, tracking numbers were posted through Slovenian post. Mine took about 2 months to get through customs. DHL doesn't deliver in the US so they hand off to ups

I missed the part about needing a phone number, and the email from MP molds asking for the phone number was sort of buried in wife's email activity. For DHL I guess a phone number is required.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    I missed the part about needing a phone number, and the email from MP molds asking for the phone number was sort of buried in wife's email activity. For DHL I guess a phone number is required.
    Yes, it is.
    They usually call you before delivery.
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Quote Originally Posted by MiHec View Post
    Yes, it is.
    They usually call you before delivery.
    First experience with DHL and group buy and your products. So a learning process for sure. Since I have most of the "basic" molds I need to load calibers I need I'm starting to look at more premium or specific molds. I have a feeling this new learning will come in handy and I really can't wait to try this new mold out.

Casting 20# supply of buckshot may be less fun than getting the new mold but it will be very satisfying to have that 20# cast and on the shelf and available for load development.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

I got my mould Monday, delivered by USPS. Got it cleaned and smoked. Now, to wait for above 0F weather to cast

In Remembrance

"smoking" a mold is an "old wives tale" Excellent molds do NOT require a "release agent" to work properly. Be that as it may. You haven't hurt the mold, it just wasn't necessary.

My DHL delivery went great. I wasn't home when the driver came by Tuesday morning (11:45 AM). I signed the slip he left on my door, just in case, for the next day's delivery. To my delight, he came back around at 4:30 that afternoon, and dropped off my mold. I will ALWAYS use the DHL delivery method when ordering Miha's molds. However, please don't post your phone number here, in a public place. Provide it to Miha when he requests it via email.

Now, I have to find and dig out my roller/spin crimp tool, and start assembling some buckshot shells.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

USMC 77, USRA 79

I like old wives tales and some I follow religiously....
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

half made it and half awol, lets hope the lost ones find their way home.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    half made it and half awol, lets hope the lost ones find their way home.
    I got one of my molds today, the #1 .310 diameter balls. Looks great! I did not get the upgraded DHL shipping so those of you that didn't pay extra for the shipping should expect to start seeing your packages soon.

I still have one more mold out there somewhere. It was signature required so keep an eye out for the delivery attempted paperwork if you're not normally home during business hours.

Did a small casting yesterday, only two drops(it was cold, so I did it in my reloading room, didn't want to go long.) and my 000 buck balls look great! I'll have to measure them and see how much it takes to get the motor stem off. Do I need to graphite these? I could see maybe 12 gauge, what about 410? I casted with coww lead, air cooled. Should I water drop? Or use soft lead?

Boolit Master
    I load 3" .410 with a AA wad 4 00 in the wad and one 000 on top. 15.4gr 2400, the max my bailey boat Little Dandy rotor will drop.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Another idea... Run them through my 356 sizing die, PC, load in 380. They're supposed to be 70 ish grains which I think they'll be perfect

Last edited by nhyrum; 01-18-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Boolit Master
    Miha is an artist. Got mine today.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

USMC 77, USRA 79

Awwwwwwww... everybody is getting theirs... and not me... somebody please take a picture of some buckshot and the finished mold inside and out... gotta have something to look forward to...

Marko
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    Awwwwwwww... everybody is getting theirs... and not me... somebody please take a picture of some buckshot and the finished mold inside and out... gotta have something to look forward to...

Marko

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast