RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a better way to dispense powder.

Boolit Master
    There is some interesting reading that makes one question how much slight variations in charge weights affect accuracy....it is not as important as some think.
    I agree that accuracy may not be affected all that much, but when you are loading a max of 4.8 grains of Titegroup in your 9mm, .2 grains too much could have a dire effect when you press the trigger.

Like the OP I have a Lee challenger. It's my only press and I have been using it for over ten years.
    These days I reload for brother and my niece, as well as myself, so I needed to up my production rate.
    I only reload for 32-20 and 357, and while some of the 357 stuff is full snort, none of it is on the edge.
    I recently bought the Lee auto drum measure and with fine powders it is as accurate as I need. With 14 grains of 296 it will throw every load within .1 of a grain when check measured on a digital with 2 decimal places.
    Screw the auto drum straight into the top of the expander die, adjust the measure, and start pulling the handle. The expander button activates the drum and as the ram is dropped back down, the internal spring cycles the drum back and recharges it.
    If it sticks, or throws inaccurate charges, or no charge at all, your adjustment is off. It's quick, easy, and accurate, and thats good enough for me.
    Hard work made me what I am today,
    Broken and broke
    Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12