Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

29 72.50%
  • no

11 27.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 Powder Scale and Dispenser

Oh, one other thing, if you go “fixing” it by changing the parameters, like you read about, be sure to write down all the factory ones somewhere first. Most of the “improvements” folks post just make them worse, and there is no “reset to factory default”, it is what it is, if you change it.

Banned
    ▲▲▲Good information▲▲▲

I find the ChargeMaster to be the easiest/fastest way to do ladder testing

Love IT. But like any other tool it is no better than it's user. Every reloader owes it to himself to develop and maintain sound solid loading practices. That being said I would not be without one. Bought Mine on Black Friday from Natchez and got it for $200.00 after rebate.
    Safe shooting
    Doug
    Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better !!

Boolit Buddy
    I got one today and followed all the directions. I got it calibrated and tested a load. I like it. Why did not get one sooner thanks for every ones opinions. rrh

Ever try to throw a charge of SR4759????
    Enough said. It's well worth the money.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Bub
    I had one and loved it for the first 6 months I used it. Dead on each and every time - eventually I trusted it enough to only check powder drops every 50 rounds. Then, I discovered my drop was off by a full grain while in the middle of a long .40 reloading run. After pulling 500 rounds apart, I started over with a new zero. I was not able to achieve previous results (variation no more than .10 gns) and spent quite a bit of time looking for a solution - I never found a fix and went back to my Harrel's shortly thereafter.

Prior to this event, I would have recommended the Chargemaster completely and likely with the qualifier "I don't know how I loaded without it". Perhaps I bought a lemon - however, my faith in digital technology for measuring powder was forever compromised.

I'm not as fast as before with the Chargemaster, but that's life.

A few months ago when there was a 30% rebate on the A&D FX-120i scale, the "auto-trickler" and the "auto-thrower" I bought in. It isn't an inexpensive setup, but today my time is worth more than money after having jiggled stick powders through a Uniflow for 15 years. Without much futzing with it, it throws BLC-2 (only powder I've used it with currently) within .03 grains and is reportedly faster than A Chargemaster with less drift.

Boolit Master
    CM is absolutely worth it.
    MidwayUSA has the CM Lite for $249.99 and the CM for $261.17.
    Drift? I left my CM set for 4.9gn when I got called into the house. Three days later, the pan had 4.9gn of powder in it and, checking the weight, it was 4.9gn.

Boolit Bub
    Ive got one and I love it, no issues. I do find I get less drift if I let it warm up for 20 minutes or so until I calibrate and zero the scale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12