Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: knee replaced

Boolit Master

knee replaced

Getting my knee replaced this Monday. be layed up for a bit.

Boolit Buddy
    My boss at work got his replaced a few months ago. He was back to normal in a month or so. Do what your doctor tells you and you will be fine.

Boolit Grand Master
    Don't be like my friend.
    Stretch it as much as possible. Stretch, stretch, stretch, and then stretch some more.
    The more you stretch, the faster it will get better.
    Friend didn't stretch. Leg didn't get straight. They had to put him under and break it.
    He was suppose to stretch it straight, but never did. That leg is bent back.
    Doctor refused to do the other one.
    Now he has one bad knee and one leg that does not have full movement.
    Stretch, stretch, stretch......

Moderator Emeritus

wgr, my better-half had hers done 5 weeks tomorrow.....she has quite a bit of pain, due mainly to swelling, but her range of motion is great...in fact her therapist says that she is ahead of schedule! My prayer for you is healing, comfort, and the power to due to therapy brother....good luck and I am praying for your success! Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Good Luck! Hoping everything goes well.

7 knee surgeries T.K.R. and a retired paramedic, best P.T. excercise I have learned from a older very experienced Physical Therapist.

Sit on the edge of the bed feet off the floor, using your operated knee look for a spot on the floor under your foot.Starting slowy and purposefully pretend to polish that spot on the floor by swing your leg back and forth without touching the floor.After a few minutes start doing figure 8's. Start slowly to stretch lateral and medial tendons and warm them. Use your C.P.M machine anytime you are just sitting around if one is ordered for you,some Dr.'s like them some don't. T.K.R. you need one as well as good method of icing,there are simple ice water jugs gravity fed that work better than a bag of frozen peas.If you can get one the newer ones that has a bigger ice chest with a circulating pump, these you can get frostbite if not careful.
    Good luck, you will be glad you did it in a year,about that long before the stiffness goes away and no longer think about what route you will take getting around.I was Elk hunting the following Sept. after having it done the prior June.

Boolit Master

Do the physio exercises that they give you. Keep it cool with ice packs and if you can afford it the water circulating cooling machine

http://www.polarproducts.com/polarsh...ystem-c461.htm

Do the physio but don't over do it. The sessions recommended are sort of minimum, when they say twice a day, you can safely do 3, 4, or 5 sessions a day. but build up to it by adding a session every 2 to 3 days
    When they say 10 movements, you can add a movement a day, 11, the next 12, the next, and once you hit 20 that is enough.
    An exercise bike made my recovery go faster. Even if you can not make a full rotation, you can measure your progress on stretching and flex, and the bike helps you flex.
    You will know the physio is working when you see improvement daily
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Just had my left one replaced yesterday, getting out this afternoon...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skooterr View Post
    Just had my left one replaced yesterday, getting out this afternoon...
    My first success about 4 hours after my knee was replaced was walking to the bathroom - unaided.
    My next success was a two hour bus ride home (contrary to hospital policy of releasing a surgery patient without aide and supervision) , with crutches, my bag and no help.
    2 years later I have to be careful to remember That I have a prosthetic knee implant that limits my movement because abuse can damage it.
    This has not stopped me from climbing ladders, changing electrical lines to out buildings, cleaning the eves trough with a leaf blower while walking on my roof.
    My biggest limitation is pain when I kneel down and a knee pad solves that
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...