MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found it, I FOUND IT !!!

Boolit Buddy

Red face I found it, I FOUND IT !!!

Been working up loads for m0st recent assemblage (7.62x40 WT). Swaged a bunch of 150g bullets with 9mm cases. Found several hundred 150g flat point lead boolets from a lee mold, so I powder coated a bunch to supplement more targets. Went to prep the brass for lead boolets but I couldn't find my dang lee universal expander die, anywhere ! Tore my whole reloading room apart looking for that **** thing, so I ordered another one since the two stores I have locally neither had one. I was half way through looking in each of my die boxes when I realized it was sitting right where I left it. On top of my LNL rite in front of my face with a 44 mag expander in it. Waiting to finish my 44 run. In my defense, I'm still getting things back together from storage. Some stuff is still in boxes somewhere around here. Doesn't make getting Old any easier.

Boolit Master

I knew I put that some where! Happens to all of us; once I ordered a replacement for my lost Weatherby shell holder; it was in a seldom used press; that I use to full length size magnum sized rifle cases and I found it when I went to install its replacement.
    Just recently I lost forever a 453 push through expander die I loving made by hogging out a lee 452; before the new “custom” made sizer arrived I found the one that was lost mixed in with other 45 cap dies

Boolit Master

Done that before. I went out and spent 100 dollars on cases and organizers and a label maker. Just so i can have some sense of organization to my chaotic reloading bench. Then i labeled each case.

I still managed to loose my bore light. Bought another one. Lost that one and found the old one. Now i cant find either...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

I did this too just recently. I was looking for a Lee neck expanding die to do some .223 brass and could not find it anywhere. I looked & looked and finally gave up on it and then there it was, right in front of me on the .243 toolhead I had last used it on. I took a black marker and colored it so it wouldn't happen again. (Yeah sure it wont)

Boolit Master

Never ever done anything like that! Wait, What are we talking about.
    Last edited by 45workhorse; 08-26-2018 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Can't remember

Banned
    That's great. Could you please tell me where I put the keys to my gun locker��

Boolit Master

I feel your pain.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Why did I walk into this room? Oh well...it will come to me. Oh yeah...I had to pee.

I feel your pain too....I do things like this all the time.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    Must happen to me 10 times a day. Probably why I have 10 projects running at the same time.

Well I found the old shell holders that I was missing (and replaced) for a about 4 years. After the flood I had put them up after they were sprayed with oil till I could get to them and remove the rust. Well someone moved (hid) them from me for several years. Found them the other day along with some tools in a tool box that I had for reloading That was missing too. Now if I could find the 410 reloader I bought from Lanes and the Puma knife that I got from years ago, I think I'll finally have found everything. (At least till I remember something else)
    Rob

Boolit Buddy
    I Don't feel so alone now … I got plenty of Good Company !

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by nun2kute View Post
    I Don't feel so alone now … I got plenty of Good Company !
    I'll second that !!....charlie

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Oh, and how many RCBS#3 shell holders??????????? Hahahahaha!!!!!!! Glad to know i'm in good company!!!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

Way to go pardner, now let’s see how long it takes you to loose it again. Seriously,
    I have lost and found things many times. James

Boolit Master

"Lost" my 22 cal. brass cleaning Jag. Ordered a new one(has not arrived yet) and found the lost one in my range bag today when out shooting. Isn't timing just great!

Quote Originally Posted by Budzilla 19 View Post
    Oh, and how many RCBS#3 shell holders??????????? Hahahahaha!!!!!!! Glad to know i'm in good company!!!
    Well I just checked, got 3 #3 RCBS shell holders that I found with the 'lost' shellholders. Also got at least that many Lee #2's and pry a Lyman one that fits. I think that should last me a week or so. Didn't know I was in such good company.
    Rob

Boolit Master

Getting old is not for sissy's .

I know my safe combo but still takes a couple of try's.

Boolit Bub
    I have an excuse. I'm old and my drive belt slips.

But how did that micrometer end up on top of the toilet tank?
    Go peacefully; teach the ignorant, comfort the distressed. Always be kind. Wear clean underwear and carry a gun.

Boolit Buddy
    My wife says, "It's always the last place you look."

Of course it's the last place you look, you find it and you would be a freaking idiot to keep looking after you found it!..
    But we all know you can't say that to a woman...

------

I'm having about a half dozen 'Senior Moments' a day now.
    I call them brain farts.
    You know, when you loose the screwdriver you were just using two seconds ago, search everywhere...!
    Then find it in your hip pocket

One of these days they will make a tape measure you can use twice without it disappearing!
    I buy the 4 pack and throw one out the window on the way home, just sacrifice it to the tape measure gods right off the bat,
    That way I'm hoping I can find one of the other three for 15 minutes once I get home...

Boolit Buddy

Just finished replacing 4 sets of reloading dies that I knew for sure I had at one time, but could not find. When the last replacement set arrived last week, I found all 4 of the "lost" die sets in the bottom of my tool chest. CRS is a progressive malady.
    "The Constitution should be taken like mountain whiskey -- undiluted and untaxed." - Sam Ervin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast