Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boolit Boxes

Boolit Mold

Boolit Boxes

For those who do not cast in really massive volumes I have found a nice little box for storing my boolits. This time of the year, August & September, Walmart sells Boolit Boxes in with their school supplies for $0.68 each; these are sturdy and stackable. Walmart calls them Super Stacker, Crayon Box.

I can put 90 230 grain 45 boolits in one and almost 150 8mm rifle boolits in one box.

Boolit Master

Thank you!!!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master
    I picked some of those up a couple of weeks ago.I use them to store small parts in for old rifles.They are very handy.

These are great...and with back to school prices they are reasonable. I usually use the Hillshire Farms sandwich meat containers....but these crayon boxes are definitely sturdier.

thanx....

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    I saw those and walked right by them. They looked interesting, but I never even connected small batches of bullets with them. Now I’ll have to go back and buy a handful.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...-Unit/44785855

I use these that are stackable from Wal Mart.com. , have to buy a case but about a buck a piece. They hold about 30 lbs of boolits.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 2011redrider View Post
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...-Unit/44785855

I use these that are stackable from Wal Mart.com. , have to buy a case but about a buck a piece. They hold about 30 lbs of boolits.
    Can't beat that!

I stopped by one of my local WM stores yesterday. They had a bunch of these in an end-cap for $0.50 each. I picked up a bunch of them. They aren't big but they will hold plenty of odds and ends like trim dies, Lee Crimp dies, misc parts, small batches of bullets...etc. I thought it was a pretty good deal. They came in about 5-6 colors too so you can keep things organized by whatever color you choose.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Advantus-...n-Box/32962001

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

One issue with these clear or semi clear boxes are that they are made from a clarified polypropylene. They are UV sensitive and over time if exposed to light will become brittle.
    Be careful using ANY of the Sterilite brand boxes that are clear or semiclear. Buy a Polyethylene. They aren't as ridgid, some flex, not clear but you can put outside for a decade and they won't degrade.
    (Ive done it and used to make these for different company) A box for bullets would be fine if they are the crayon sized boxes, but not 30pounds of cast bullets.

Boolit Master

I picked up a bunch of the small ones and a couple of the double length ones as well. Cheap and will hold small runs of cast bullets for years inside.

Boolit Master

My GF suggested I go to Uline and buy from them. Three by three by 2+, they will hold about 200 (3 levels of 64 each) 9mm boolits, and nearly the same number of 30 caliber rifle boolits (only 2 levels).These boolits haven't been S&L'd, but you get the idea. Handy size for handling...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3381.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	226770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3382.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	226772
    About $20/100, plus shipping...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    These look interesting and fairly cheap.

https://www.uline.com/PDF/RS-8506-SPFR.pdf

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    One issue with these clear or semi clear boxes are that they are made from a clarified polypropylene. They are UV sensitive and over time if exposed to light will become brittle.
    Be careful using ANY of the Sterilite brand boxes that are clear or semiclear. Buy a Polyethylene. They aren't as ridgid, some flex, not clear but you can put outside for a decade and they won't degrade.
    (Ive done it and used to make these for different company) A box for bullets would be fine if they are the crayon sized boxes, but not 30pounds of cast bullets.
    I've had mine for about 3 yrs stacked 2 high under my reloading bench. Have had no problems of them cracking when loaded with 30 Lbs of cast boolits. Must have 30 of them under the bench and 5 more loaded with primed brass. Common sense will tell you to support the bottom when moving to the bench for loading. I don't plan on storing them outside and they don't get much UV light under the bench, so I don't think they are in any danger of cracking unless I drop one on the floor.

To each his own, I guess, but, they have worked fine for me.

Boolit Grand Master
    I like to recycle and reuse stuff.
    For lubed boolets, I use CCI .22 ammo boxes. Long ones with the sliding top.
    Easy to stack. Holds everything I've cast so far.
    Foe LEE size dies, I use the .22 mag or .17 RF boxes.
    I pick them out of the trash. Remove the labels, and clean them up
    Best part is their free.

Boolit Grand Master

I've always like using cigar boxes. When I was working I saved the backing that was on note pads and legal pads and cut it to fit for use between layers of bullets. But cigar boxes are getting harder to find. I'm kind of moving to wide mouth plastic jugs. The kind that trail mix, mixed nuts or coffee creamer comes in.

I might have to check out the plastic isle at Walmart.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    i ordered 4x4x3 and 4x4x4 cardboard boxes from amazon you can get 100 for about $25. i can stack 3 high under shelf on my loading bench. and also use for loaded ammo they will hold from about 75 rounds for large rifle to over 500 for 25 acp. and i have some stacked over 10 high . loaded ammo gets a stay dry pack and have opened some more than 10 years old are just as shinny as when i packed them.

I love nuts and Costco has nuts in plastic containers, and the labels peel off without leaving any residue and when they are full, it is almost all you want to deal with, so I recycle them washed clean and store bullets in them. They are easy to label also.

Boolit Master

Before their use was discontinued by the manufacturers, I accumulated a couple hundred plastic ammo trays (9mm/.38/.357 and .44/.45). These work great for sized and lubed rifle boolits...'specially the soft, pan-lubed boolits for my BPCRs. PC'd boolits go into 3x6x3 plastic storage containers with snap-on lids. Buy 'em in packs of six at Menard's and each will hold 200-250 .38/.357s or 175-200 .44/45s.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    If you buy the little tubs of lunch meat, they give you a container for free. Have a whole pile of them with various bullets in them.

Our local Walmart had the op boxes for .25 this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast