Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: Long range match at Lodi Wisconsin. Be there!

Boolit Master

Long range match at Lodi Wisconsin. Be there!

September 8 and 9 will be the Fall Classic, aka the All Comer's match at Lodi. It is a 1000-900-800 yds match with 10 shots for score at each distance and unlimited sighters on each day. The Lodi range is a premier range and shooting facility. You can drive to each firing line, and the pits are one of the best.

The All Comer's match is basically like any other BlackPowder Target Rifle (BPTR) Creedmoor match except that a few rules are relaxed in hopes of drawing in a few more shooters. One of those rules is that duplex is allowed. Another is that you can shoot a different rifle on each day, even if you don't break your first one.

The weather is usually excellent in Lodi at that time of year. The range is great, the local fish fry is to die for, super people will be attending, and good beer will be available after the match. I don't know what else you can ask for.

I hope to see everyone there. Early (cheap) registration needs to be there before September 1.

Registration form and info http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jessi...0Longrange.pdf

Brent
    Last edited by BrentD; 08-25-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Vendor Sponsor

Sounds fun! I wish I could make it.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Master
    It could happen. You know there will be a good beer waiting for you.

Banned

brent, the registration form link is hosed ....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    brent, the registration form link is hosed ....
    Thanks for pointing that out. It is fixed now.

Boolit Buddy
    How to get there don't work neither....
    A gun in hand is worth two cops on the phone.
    MOLON LABE

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Knarley View Post
    How to get there don't work neither....
    What do you mean? Google maps will find Winnequah Gun Club and take you right there.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Those in the area, really need to turn out to these matches. It's a good range, in beautiful surroundings. I'm hoping next years schedule on the cup and regional match work out , as we will be back.

One thing you have to watch with Google maps/ seri in your vehicle it will take you to the wrong gate. Make sure the route takes you into the gate off of V highway.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

In Remembrance
    I live 20 miles from there, haven't shot in the matches because I am not much of a competitive shooter at those distances ( besides which....I am an old codger). I have day-tripped it a few times, it doesn't cost anything to watch and there is usually a kind of swap meet afterwards. Get to talk with top competitors and learn a few new techniques.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Master
    Maxon, guys over 80 shoot that match. You can now drive right to the firing point. Suit up and shoot.

I'll keep any newcomers in good beer for the pleasure of your company.

Boolit Master

Sounds like fun. Unfortunately we have several local matches coming up at the same time. LR at Camp Atterbury, club match that Sun. and Friendship BPC match on Tues.
    Not sure Camp Atterbury matches will happen next year, attendance has dropped off significantly and the spring match was just break even. Our club matches have been going down hill for the last couple of years and between deaths and new people being afraid to try the BPC stuff there are just no new comers. We have relaxed the rules as well and will allow smokeless just to get them in the door. Personally I would rather clean my BPCR than the smokeless rifles.
    Lack of participation isn't a problem of shooting only, but many other recreational activities as well. It seems the young folks would rather play at life on a computer than actually experience it for real.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!