RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Pedersoli offers a Sharps patteron 22rf now

Vendor Sponsor

Pedersoli offers a Sharps pattern 22rf now

Pedersoli Sharps Bench Rest .22 LR 27 9/16" Round Barrel

Only $2306.99

Pedersoli..... It could be a starter rifle for the 22rf BPCR game, ...except for the crazy price.

The cost is in the range of a good US made rifle or even a real Winchester Low wall rebuilt and refinished into a silhouette rifle. Certainly you can have a CPA Stevens made in 22rf which is as good as it gets for the 22 BPCR game.

Check out Buffalo Arms for some details.
    Last edited by Chill Wills; 11-17-2018 at 01:29 AM.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Master
    That is interesting except for the price. Are the .22rf BPCR matches pretty popular these days? Someone was running a Creedmoor RF match to 300 yards I remember reading about somewhere.

I have a CPA that I ordered with an extra barrel in .22LR and of course the rimfire breech block. It took some fiddling to get it working right, but it is super accurate. I don't know what you would pay for a plain-Jane CPA in .22LR but it's probably not too far off that I'll bet. Mine was more but it has 3 barrels, and lots of options. With the single prong Schoyen buttplate it's an excellent offhand rifle and a good prone rifle too. I mostly use it for prone practice.

Chris.

Boolit Master
    The Pedersoli .22 at $2300 is a dead issue as far as I'm concerned... I can buy a real, made in US of A big bore Sharps for less than that... I doubt they will have many takers at their price.

-Tom

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Gunlaker View Post
    That is interesting except for the price. Are the .22rf BPCR matches pretty popular these days? Someone was running a Creedmoor RF match to 300 yards I remember reading about somewhere.
    Chris.
    The 22 BPCR silhouette game is VERY popular within the very narrow Black Powder Silhouette and Target rifle shooter crowd. It has taken over attendance numbers at the Raton nationals drawing people to that event that would have dropped out of center fire do to age, or recoil, or maybe tiring of loading and casting for every match and the good news is the kids and spouses are showing up in good numbers shooting aswell. So, yes, it has a following. But as you know, even a large chunk of a small number is not a lot of shooters ....or in Pedersoli's case, maybe not a lot of rifle sales. Especially at the price of their offering.

We shoot the 22 BPCR here in Wyoming once a month all winter and it is a family event. People will drive a few hundred miles to attend it. It does not hurt to have the Smith's host it out of the shooting building with a wood fired stove and good hot food either. They have to cut it off at 30 rifles just to get done by last light.

I think any number of people have given the mini creedmoor match a try. Bryan Youngberg did one for a few times. I shot a version of one in Oak Ridge, TN 10 or 12 years a go. The problem is seeing the hits. Shoot-n-see targets were tried but none were scaled correctly.
    Last edited by Chill Wills; 11-17-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    Chill Wills

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Herman View Post
    The Pedersoli .22 at $2300 is a dead issue as far as I'm concerned... I can buy a real, made in US of A big bore Sharps for less than that... I doubt they will have many takers at their price.

-Tom
    I agree Tom. You can slip a Crosno liner or a Lee Shaver 22 liner in a 45-70 and almost have the same thing with the same accuracy.
    Chill Wills

I agree that it will probably be a very tough sale at list price. But often these guns hit the market at about 20% less than suggested retail, so maybe at under $2,000 they might be a little more attractive.
    I personally would rather find a decent old donor action, or rifle, and rebarrel it with a really good .22LR barrel. Less money, and an old original action too.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Best way to break into the 22bpcr games is a crossno liner. That gives a person enough time to figure out what sort of rifle they want.
    Sad that Pedersoli has set the price so high on this one, the first Sharps version they had out was much lower priced but failed to take off.
    C Sharps has a prototype rifle out that if they bring it to production will retail under 1000, but I for the life of me can not figure out why they sent it to someone that doesn't even shoot 22bpcr for trials...
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master
    Thanks Chills. Cody's matches sound like a pile of fun. Someone posted a video somewhere that had Jack featured on it.

I agree on the Crossno liner. I have one and they are an excellent deal. I haven't used it since I sold the highwall I used it in. Mostly because my CPA will outshoot it a little and with cheaper ammo. I have most of a case of SK Standard Plus which shoots a little better in the CPA than RWS R50 or Center X in the Crossno.

The Crossno is pretty amazing though. I shot it from the bench once and it did really close to a minute of angle on a calm day at 100m.

Chris.

Banned

that's a ridiculous amount of money for a .22 rimfire, but that's just my warped thinking i guess.

i've used crossno and lee shaver liners - THEY is the way to go ... 'course, ya need a proper .45 or .40 rifle for starters.

Boolit Buddy
    Learned a long time ago that target rimfires take as much and usually
    more voodoo to get to shoot really well than centerfires.
    Just because it's a .22 dosen't mean it can be made cheap.
    Real target .22's usually out cost their centerfire counterparts by a fair amount.
    If we had matches here I'd be all over one if their bbl was up to snuff.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    Learned a long time ago that target rimfires take as much and usually
    more voodoo to get to shoot really well than centerfires.
    Just because it's a .22 dosen't mean it can be made cheap.
    Real target .22's usually out cost their centerfire counterparts by a fair amount.
    If we had matches here I'd be all over one if their bbl was up to snuff.
    agreed. but i do believe that .22rf bpcr/tr events are still action specific and if one already has a .45 or .40 bpcr rifle one will prolly find a crosno or shaver liner to be more accurate than their eyes and trigger finger.

Boolit Bub
    The CPA's are a force to reckon with, about the same $$ that Pedersoli is advertising at - but the CPA's are proven.
    The liner route is definitely a start but the dedicated gun gives you an excuse to buy another... AS far as the money spent, yes these little rimfire rifles seem to equal or exceed what the big guns run. I thought I was going to cut a fat hog in the A#$ with one of my builds- bought a vintage low wall frame, pieced a few parts, made a few parts, bought a RKS barrel from Ron in a left hand gain twist, nice little piece of Turkish in blank form, and some Damascus to make sights from (a few may know of me from another forum) all told if my time is worth a nickle, my little plan for a cheap 22 rf is about $4K and still going... but it shoots! everything from 400 yard gong, to sillywhetts, to the mini BPTR comps, it's a hoot! By any means possible give it a try.
    I have a 200 yard range at my place in NE WY - I considered advertising and holding a match here, word of mouth with just my locals filled up all the slots and created a waiting list so there is some potential for the sport if it's approached right.
    Greg