RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What type chair in the reloading room?

Boolit Master

I do have a couple stools... but very rarely ever use them. They are mostly for visitors. My wife will come down and sit sometimes.

I build my loading benches optimally for standing.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    I have an old office chair that is about 8 or 10 inches higher than normal. Neighbor gave it to me from a bank.

Boolit Master

I picked up two of these from a DRMO (excess Mil equipment) sale cheap. They were new, not even assembled, they thought they were regular office chairs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seating-Deluxe-ESD-Chair.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	226041
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

I sit while working and have an adjustable height bar stool with a back. Hi for using my Dillon and lower for other tasks. Lowest is when casting to see the mold/spout.
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly View Post
    I have an old office chair also, rolls around well enough till you hit a stray wayward primer, that’ll stop it in its tracks. Helps to remind you to keep floor swept at least once a month or so, luckily the wife doesn’t visit too often.
    Yeah, a stray primer will stop you in your tracks! My Rockchucker is not as bad as the hype says but I still get a stray occasionally.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeR[2314].jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	226042 this ia my casting/reloading/do everything chair,its pretty comfortable and will layout into a bed if I need a nap...lol

Boolit Master
    Tried an old office chair but when I pulled the handle on my press I rolled all over the place so I just use an old Wooden chair with a cushion.office chair is used in my shed when casting as its great to swivel to drop boolits into a padded box.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I use heavy duty office chair for reloading. Bought from officemax on sale .

Boolit Master
    Swivel, adjustable office chair for me but sometimes I stand.
    Interesting to see all of the different setups people use.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Grand Master

I wish I could still stand but those days are over.

Adjustable swivel office chair here.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " --(Thomas Jefferson)

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug pusher an unlicensed pharmacist."

When you put Political Correctness ahead of justice, you get no justice.
    Mark Fuhrman

Boolit Master
    Here is a pic of my chair with lumbar support , purchased from local chiropractor
    Working really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    I started reloading at a desk using a plain old chair. After a year or so I built a bench where I could stand and wouldn't want to go back. I moved my casting setup onto a platform so I could stand while casting also. You're much more mobile and easy to get better leverage on the press when standing.

Have two,both are old swivel roller office chairs.Keep them at two different heights.Hardwood floor,they roll great.

Boolit Master
    I use an old padded Samsonite metal card table chair. It folds up out of the way when not needed and is pretty comfortable when I need it. I also have a high workbench where I can stand and work and wooden bar stool to fit that as well. My presses are mounted at normal desk height and I use them sitting.

Boolit Buddy
    I use a metal folding chair.

The most important thing I learned about chairs and reloading was from my dental hygienist. When cleaning my teeth, she would position my face practically touching her bosom. She said this allowed her to keep her elbow close to her torso; otherwise she would spend the day leaning forward, which made her back hurt. Accordingly I position my chair as close to the press as possible, and find it appreciably more comfortable.

Boolit Master

I built my benches so I could sit on a 24" round top wooden stool. I have one for the loading bench and one for the work bench. I also have my Grandma's old overstuffed Rocker. It's great for anything that requires only my hands, like priming or case trimming with the great new LYMAN Hand trimmer on a battery drill.

And since my main presses are O- frame, I angle my body as close in from the left as possible. Just as close so the handle clears my right knee.

For casting out on the picnic table on the Patio I use an old kitchen chair with an old king-size bed pillow. That old pillow gives padding for my butt and support for my lower back.
    Last edited by Walks; 08-25-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Super Moderator

My reloading bench sits pretty high as I prefer to stand while reloading. It makes it easier to move about and do my thing. Same for casting, I feel that if I need to get clear of the casting area quickly, a chair would be in the way. I did get a bar-stool like chair for my bench, but I never use it.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Pretty much do it all standing up. Applying gas checks is about the only time I sit. It's about the perfect height for me to see how the lubing and checking is proceeding. I just use a nicely padded chair with padded back that I can get a small pillow if needed at my lower back.

Boolit Master
    I'm another one who stands. I also take a break after each operation if I'm loading a large batch.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast