MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

When you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. MATTHEW 6:6
    Jesus did not say, “Dream about your Father who is in the secret place,” but He said, “…pray to your Father who is in the secret place….” Prayer is an effort of the will. After we have entered our secret place and shut the door, the most difficult thing to do is to pray. We cannot seem to get our minds into good working order, and the first thing we have to fight is wandering thoughts. The great battle in private prayer is overcoming this problem of our idle and wandering thinking. We have to learn to discipline our minds and concentrate on willful, deliberate prayer.
    We must have a specially selected place for prayer, but once we get there this plague of wandering thoughts begins, as we begin to think to ourselves, “This needs to be done, and I have to do that today.” Jesus says to “shut your door.” Having a secret stillness before God means deliberately shutting the door on our emotions and remembering Him. God is in secret, and He sees us from “the secret place”— He does not see us as other people do, or as we see ourselves. When we truly live in “the secret place,” it becomes impossible for us to doubt God. We become more sure of Him than of anyone or anything else. Enter into “the secret place,” and you will find that God was right in the middle of your everyday circumstances all the time. Get into the habit of dealing with God about everything. Unless you learn to open the door of your life completely and let God in from your first waking moment of each new day, you will be working on the wrong level throughout the day. But if you will swing the door of your life fully open and “pray to your Father who is in the secret place,” every public thing in your life will be marked with the lasting imprint of the presence of God.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Amen - And thank you for the scripture & word this morning.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Amen, This really hit home. Satan tries every way possible to interrupt our prayers to God.

Thank you rl. Sometimes it takes me all day to finally quiet my mind. It is so worth the effort.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

Thank you for this needed reminder.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

Prayer is probably the most intimate and personal thing we can do. So it's always seemed to me that it generally ought to be done in private - wherever there's just you and the Lord. No outside concerns or diversions - just you and the Lord and your needs and desires. And don't EVER think He doesn't answer our prayers. Sometimes he just says "No," but he ALWAYS answers our prayers. If He says "No," that's our key to figure out what we got wrong in our requests. Was it too great an attachment to our own will and desires? Was it rendered with the wrong attitude and expectations? Or maybe, did the Lord know, even though we maybe didn't realize it, that getting what we asked for might NOT be in our best long term interests?

Whenever we beseech the Lord for a blessing, He has a LOT to think about before deciding whether to grant it or not, and whether modifying our answer to better conform to what's good for us in the long term. Who among us could ever be so wise as to balance all these things, and come up with a "Perfect" answer for our every request? Truly, the Lord is our salvation in more than just one way!