Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything

Thread: Any Lube Master Owners?

Boolit Man

Any Lube Master Owners?

Hey Folks,

A year or so ago, I bought an essentially new Lube Master. The learning curve has been steep, but I think I have it pretty well understood. My next hurdle is tuning the M/A collator to function. I know they are tricky and the M/A manuall is essentially useless and I haven't found any how-to videos on youtube. I try not to call them too much for trouble shooting. I feel like I am bothering them, but they are nice about it.

Are there any owners here that can help a newbie M/A 14" collator owner? I think I could tweak this unit if I had pics and videos of how one that works is set up. I am getting 1 in 5 bullets going down the tube base first when I want the opposite and my feed system seems to jam up more than it should (pics/videos are needed here of how the spring and tube arrangements are connected and routed).

If it matters, I am running non-coated bullets to size and lube them.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Moderator Emeritus

I hope you can find what you are looking for...but I suspect it's the proverbial needle in the haystack.
    Priced at several thousand dollars, the Lube master is essentially a commercial machine. The info you seek, if not from Magma, would probably be coming from a someone in the biz...and if you are in the biz, that person is a competitor. Trade secrets are valuable and are not likely to be freely shared on a open forum.

From this thread, it sounds like some bullet designs aren't collator friendly.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ster-questions
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Man
    Thanks Jon. Magma will politely ask you to call M/A Systems for trouble shooting, since M/A makes the collator. They are nice folks, but they seem busy on the phone. I will keep looking and hope to find the needle.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in the biz but are settled in Norway so I believe there's a market for both of us. 🤣 If you also are settled over here it may also be room for both of us in the marked anyway. Sharing info is what makes this forum great!

I know what you mean about the steep learning curve. I've had my machine for about 3 years and the worst boolit I've collated are the 105 swc 38 boolit, but after some fiddling that's getting better each time.

What are you struggling with? Some boolits are way easier than others.

The angle of the bowl, speed and position of wiper blades and lifting flaps under the plate are the stuff you have to adjust to your boolit style.

I'm happy to help if I can!

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    Last edited by hunter74; 09-06-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I faced the same problem. Reading the M-A manual provided some useful tips but it could stand some serious redaction. Hunter74 is right regarding angle of the bowl and position of wiper blades in particular. You have to get the downspout positioned so you get a perfect departure from the spinning plate. Once you get that adjusted using one boolit at a time, placed by hand after the wipers position, you can begin to adjust the wipers. Put a boolit in nose down at the six-o-clock position and turn the motor on. What happens when it reaches the wipers? If it gets knocked back down to the bottom of the bowl try it again and move the offending wiper. Keep doing this until you get one to travel successfully from the position I described to the proper exit. Next, put one in at six-o-clock, but base down. Turn on the motor and watch. This boolit should not make it past the wipers. Place a wiper in position to barely contact the boolit base. If the wipers are placed too low for a particular boolit style they will bend too much and eventually break.

It took a lot of trying and adjusting over a few days time after work but I got it to work, and it works very well. It feeds my manual Star. I have an early Lube Master and have not yet mounted the M-A Systems collator over it but it will probably happen in the next month or so. I doubt it can keep up with the L/M. I say this because I have filled the boolit drop tube and with two handsful of boolits I couldn't feed boolits by hand into the drop tube fast enough to keep it from running dry. Your newer Lube Master probably runs faster than my early one. There are no markings on my Lube Master and so I didn't know who made it for several years. I recently watched a You Tube video on the Machine Gun Fun channel titled "Magma Lube Master" or something close to that. There it was! I always thought it was a one-off custom job.

Anyway, don't put so many boolits in your collator that you bend the aluminum sorting plate. A couple handsful at a time is all I put in there. I also make sure its completely empty when I'm finished.