Is this "Humor and Off Topic", "Deep Theological Discussion", or something else again? Feel free to move it if it needs to be moved, but somehow I thought maybe it would do well under "In Remembrance" as this sub-forum is all about those who have left us. Where they have gone, we must all follow.

As one travels through life, and mine has now been a long journey, they accumulate things that become precious to them, but which might mean nothing to others. These native American thoughts have hung on the wall of my shop for years, and I thought I'd share them with you.

Chief Aupumut
Mohican:

When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.

Crowfoot
Blackfoot warrior and orator:

What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.