Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: 4D Reamer Rental. . .???

Boolit Buddy

4D Reamer Rental. . .???

Has anyone used these guys recently? I've left voice mails and e-mails and all I've gotten is crickets! I would like to be a customer of theirs due to the good reviews, but I can't get through to anyone. Is there any other companies out there to rent a Forcing Cone reamer w/pilot bushing and Cylinder Throat reamer? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I rented from them 3-4 months ago. It was a positive experience.

Boolit Master
    Several times in the past but it's been awhile. I'm no help at all.
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

This option was pointed out earlier as well.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-reamer-rental
    I personally have not dealt with either.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the replies fellas. I will give White Rock a call in the morning. I can't see how someone can stay in business and not answer phone messages or e-mails. ????

Quote Originally Posted by OFFSHORE View Post
    Thanks for the replies fellas. I will give White Rock a call in the morning. I can't see how someone can stay in business and not answer phone messages or e-mails. ????
    I can only guess, but perhaps it's a one-man show and there has been an accident, sudden medical issue, family emergency, etc. (?)

Boolit Grand Master

CH4D three people. Unless someone is sick. Dave Davidson is 76 this year?
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    CH4D three people. Unless someone is sick. Dave Davidson is 76 this year?
    4D Reamer Rental is a different company than CH4D
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

I have seen this in the past too.

Probably what Hannabal said.

Positive resource for me more than a few times.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy
    FINALLY!!!

I was able to speak with a person yesterday and I ordered all my goodies. Then about and hour after that Fred called and mentioned that I should also include a few other items to complete my project. Yes, they seam to be great people to work with. I will have my tools next week I am told. So far so good.

Boolit Master
    Just last month in fact.

Forcing cone reamer should be arriving today.

Boolit Master

GOOD NEW!

Glad to hear this!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    White Rock, is the place to go rent a reamer. They just do phone and usps. No internet.

Vendor Sponsor

Might want to read this, rent the forcing cone kit but save the money on the throating reamer. Just had a guy send two cylinders he reamed and in the as-reamed state throats were fairly uneven because the heat treat/hardness was uneven in his blued cylinder, it's sometimes not as straightforward as one would think, because of the varying hardness..

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4440004
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Might want to read this, rent the forcing cone kit but save the money on the throating reamer. Just had a guy send two cylinders he reamed and in the as-reamed state throats were fairly uneven because the heat treat/hardness was uneven in his blued cylinder, it's sometimes not as straightforward as one would think, because of the varying hardness..

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4440004
    Well, I guess I've just been lucky. I did the cylinder throats and forcing cones on both my Ruger SBBH and Colt Ananconda and they both turned out good. After reading your link made me feel even luckier! They polished up real well and my .431 pin gauge fit VERY snug, but the .4315 wouldn't even come close. I will be shooting these guns hopefully this weekend, I've been waiting for the cure time of my cast boolits from my new mold. I just finished loading them up this morning and making plans for a dove shoot this afternoon, so either Sunday or Monday I'll be heading to the Back 40 to test out my handy work.

Vendor Sponsor

Offshore, sounds good! Wat are you sizing to? When I first started doing cylinders I sized my SBH to the largest pair of throats, .4325" or thereabouts, and I had just gotten some of the Lee C430-310-RF boolits cast in 50/50+2% and they slid nicely into the throats with light drag fit. 3 months later I went to shoot the gun and half the ammo I had loaded would not chamber! I thought wth? The boolits had grown a few tenths as they age hardened. You may run into the same, I *always* size throats .0005" to .0008" over what the shooter is sizing to for this reason.

My SBH was a 1978 made gun, it had 3 pairs of throats as it was made when Ruger used the Hitachi machine with 3 cutters. They would gang ream 3 throats, index over one hole and ream the other 3, mine had one pair at .429" one pair at .430" and one pair at .432+" how folks shoot silhouette with these guns out of the box is a head scratcher because although it put a LOT of deer in the freezer with those uneven throats, it didn't group anywhere near what it does now that the cylinder and forcing cone have been worked over.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.