Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best weight bullet for 300 Black Out Deer LOAD

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I haven't been happy with the accuracy of cast in my .300 Blackout so if I do use it I'll go this route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Speer makes a flat nose 130 grain made for the 30/30 that expands well...I put it over 18.5 of h110 but that's a warm/hot one I use out of a bolt gun...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Okay then here's what I have:

Attachment 226289
    Attachment 226290
    Attachment 226291
    Attachment 226292

Not as much reloading info as I thought I had in the Roy Dunlap article. There is a bit more in the Elgin Gates copies from Metallic Silhouette Shooting but again not a lot.

At one point I was thinking of going this route myself and I am sure I had more load data collected but am not finding it where I "remember" I put it!

Oh well... it may still be of use to you.

Longbow
    Can use any help I can get.

I got slight tipping with 175gr PB cast from a 1:8 pistol. Your 1:10 may need to go faster. H4895 down loads good and I've heard of it's use in BO. Your case capacity is larger so the slower powders may work better. H335 is normal for 223 but it doesn't download as easy.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John McCorkle View Post
    Speer makes a flat nose 130 grain made for the 30/30 that expands well...I put it over 18.5 of h110 but that's a warm/hot one I use out of a bolt gun...

I have taken two deer with that Speer 130FP in the BO. First was about 25 yards bullet deflected off a 2" tree but still took out a rib, did much damage in the liver and was found in the ham. The second was thru and thru getting a rib both sides IIRC. Showed expansion but not violent. its a tough bullet for the blackout. Wont over expand is what I mean. My vel is right at 2K on a chrono.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

I've just loaded some 125gr Nosler AB's for hunting this year, if I decide to use the 300 for that.

Tried a few rounds of 150gr Herters FP over 20gr 1680. No signs of pressure.

Boolit Master
    Range report... expansion test

Just shot a couple potential deer loads into milk jugs with water (not the best test media but cheapest and not the worst either)

Lee 312-155 2r sized .309 with gas check of quenched coww...over h110 with 1890 fps and 1927 fps...

First shot penetrated 1 qt carton, 2 1/2 gal cartons and one full gal piercing 2nd gal (caught in first gal) at 1890...pic below. As cast was 160 grains and with the piece that shed weighed in at 156 grains

Second shot penetrated 2 gal jugs and turned south into 6 inches of berm...@ 1927 fps still weighed 158 grains

Excited about this load as it performed much better than expected.

Also shot two Speer 130 fp at 2130 fps (very warm) but recovered neither...judging exit holes and apparent damage it will do fantastic... penetrated 3 full jugs each and caused enough force in the other side to clear all the leaves with just the force of escaping water...blew an empty jug 2ft into adjacent undergrowth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123