Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Love my Sig P250 in 45ACP, but...

Boolit Bub

Love my Sig P250 in 45ACP, but...

My Sig P250 is the first gun Ive ever owned. Ive added my AR-15 and AR-10 for target shooting long distance. Now Im thinking of either building the Glock G19 or G34. Im going to use the Polymer 80 lower because the grip, fit, and finish is second to none. Probably a Zev or Apex Tactical drop in trigger. Faxon barrel is a definite as well.

I need help with either what slide to use, or the differences between the 19 and 34 for all the Glock fans out there. This is my first time going towards the Glocks because they are super customizable.
    ADAM HERBERGER

Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club Member

Boolit Grand Master
    We have or had several Glock pistols at our house--9mm, 40 S&W, 10mm, and 45 ACP. All are/were box-stock other than a couple with 1.5 kg trigger bars. They have been utterly and unfailingly reliable, and accurate enough for their purpose, which is to engage predators or practice for same. I might hunt deer with the 10mm one day, dunno.

Just my 2 cents........I get the kit gun idea totally. They are fun to build, just like AR rifles. If this is to be a gamer gun for shooting paper or critters, then a built pistol with all of the bells and whistles is a great way to go forward. But if your plans include use of the pistol for self- or home-defense, I cannot over-emphasize the recommendation to buy an OEM Glock pistol and leave it box-stock. Have a certified Glock armorer install a 1.5 kg trigger bar, and call it good. You will have an affordable, reliable pistol with intact lifetime warrantee and scads of factory-certified armorers able to maintain the pistol (and its warrantee) in top-drawer condition.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

the 34 is a longslide,the 19 is essentially a carry gun.all depends of the gun's duty intended.

if you intend to put a drop in trigger kit,can't rave enough about the ZEV's units.

i have an ultimate kit sitting in ALL my target glocks,and i'm very happy with what it brings ; lower weight break,no pre travel, very positive and short reset ,and a break like glass feel.

with my experience with glock,if i was in your shoes i would opt for a used 34 and would put a ZEV ultimate kit in it, would put a stainless steel gen 3 conversion guide rod assembly ,a good sight set (dawson or LPA SPR) then call it a day. my 2 limited class guns got their slide lightened for a faster cycliing ,then faster reset so i can get a gun who can be as fast as lergely tricked 2011's.

of course,all this is said assuming you want a target gun.

i have a G23 i use to carry when i'm in VT.i've only put a ranger kit in it with a stainless steel rod,that's it. the ranger kit is just the trigger bar and trigger pad with different springs,no lightened striker in it. i needed a gun with a slightly better trigger,but did not need a sub 2lbs trigger weight break like on my game guns. it is still fully reliable igniting any brand of primers.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    We have or had several Glock pistols at our house--9mm, 40 S&W, 10mm, and 45 ACP. All are/were box-stock other than a couple with 1.5 kg trigger bars. They have been utterly and unfailingly reliable, and accurate enough for their purpose, which is to engage predators or practice for same. I might hunt deer with the 10mm one day, dunno.

Just my 2 cents........I get the kit gun idea totally. They are fun to build, just like AR rifles. If this is to be a gamer gun for shooting paper or critters, then a built pistol with all of the bells and whistles is a great way to go forward. But if your plans include use of the pistol for self- or home-defense, I cannot over-emphasize the recommendation to buy an OEM Glock pistol and leave it box-stock. Have a certified Glock armorer install a 1.5 kg trigger bar, and call it good. You will have an affordable, reliable pistol with intact lifetime warrantee and scads of factory-certified armorers able to maintain the pistol (and its warrantee) in top-drawer condition.
    How do you like the 10mm Glock? 10mm is what i really want to build next! This way i can run a 10mm upper on my AR as well.
    ADAM HERBERGER

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    the 34 is a longslide,the 19 is essentially a carry gun.all depends of the gun's duty intended.

if you intend to put a drop in trigger kit,can't rave enough about the ZEV's units.

i have an ultimate kit sitting in ALL my target glocks,and i'm very happy with what it brings ; lower weight break,no pre travel, very positive and short reset ,and a break like glass feel.

with my experience with glock,if i was in your shoes i would opt for a used 34 and would put a ZEV ultimate kit in it, would put a stainless steel gen 3 conversion guide rod assembly ,a good sight set (dawson or LPA SPR) then call it a day. my 2 limited class guns got their slide lightened for a faster cycliing ,then faster reset so i can get a gun who can be as fast as lergely tricked 2011's.

of course,all this is said assuming you want a target gun.

i have a G23 i use to carry when i'm in VT.i've only put a ranger kit in it with a stainless steel rod,that's it. the ranger kit is just the trigger bar and trigger pad with different springs,no lightened striker in it. i needed a gun with a slightly better trigger,but did not need a sub 2lbs trigger weight break like on my game guns. it is still fully reliable igniting any brand of primers.
    So far from what i have read, the G34 is their competition gun. The Zev is what im buying for drop ins at the next show I run in October to go with the Polymer 80 lowers. Everyone raves about the Zev Tech stuff...but their slides are crazy money.
    ADAM HERBERGER

Quote Originally Posted by Honestly Evil View Post
    So far from what i have read, the G34 is their competition gun. The Zev is what im buying for drop ins at the next show I run in October to go with the Polymer 80 lowers. Everyone raves about the Zev Tech stuff...but their slides are crazy money.
    as is the G35 40 S&w wich i run in limited major. the G34 make a very good gun for 3 guns....while is pretty much useless in limited because not allowed to shoot major PF.

a complete zev tech kit will bring your trigger break weight to around 4 lbs. a little work on some specific part incvolving polishing and reshaping is bringing the trigger break weight to less than 3lbs. my 35 is at 2.1lbs.my 17 at 2.7...my 34 at 2.5. safeties are fully functionnal,reliability is 100%....as long as i use federal and winchester primers. CCI is a no go.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Honestly Evil View Post
    How do you like the 10mm Glock? 10mm is what i really want to build next! This way i can run a 10mm upper on my AR as well.
    The Glock 20SF is a wonderful multi-purpose handgun. The Glock 29SF is a flippin' HANDFUL. Fun--but a handful. The G20 will run with Federals "FBI Lite 10mm" loads (180 grainers @ 1040 FPS, with the general run to 10mm loads (180 grainers at 1125-1150 FPS) and with the Winchester Silvertips (175 grainers at 1225 FPS). I would not try the old Norma loads from the Bren Ten (200 grainers at 1200 FPS)--these might break things on the Glocks like they have on Colt Delta Elites. I have about 1500 Silvertip-level reloads through the G20 so far, and all is well. All told, I have about 30 years and many thousands of rounds with the 10mm. It puts every other commercially-available service pistol caliber in this country in the shade. It is NOT a magazine-fed 41 Magnum, despite claims to that effect in gunrags and internet forums. It is more than the 357 Magnum and less than the 41 Magnum. The 40 S&W equals a 38/40 WCF fired in a revolver; the 10mm equals the 38/40 WCF fired in a rifle. HTH.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

9.3x62AL- Your last paragraph just makes way too much sense. Finally someone states the obvious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    +1. I consider my Glock 22 to be a 15 shot .38-40 with free brass!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.