RepackboxWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Value of NIB Win 94AE .444?

Boolit Master

Value of NIB Win 94AE .444?

A friend...a 'once in a while' shooter...brought by a couple rifles last night asking for my help selling them. One is a NIB Win 94AE in .444 Marlin. It's the standard rifle with a 20" bbl, nice walnut but nothing fancy, all the Winchester papers, and the factory screw-in hammer extension. S/N says '93-'94 mfg. and gun is in original box with factory zip-tie (yellow) tying down the lever. Story is: he bought the gun as 'NOS' 12-15 years ago at a 'business closing' auction for an old gunshop in a small rural community down south of here. Doesn't recall why he bought it, but that's how it ended up in his safe.

I've looked at 94AE listings on both Gunbroker and Guns America and I'm guessing he wouldn't be too far out of line with a no-reserve $800-$900 opening price. Am I in the ballpark or wafting into La-La Land?

Bill
    Last edited by Kraschenbirn; 08-20-2018 at 07:05 PM.
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Grand Master
    Winchester prices have been all over the place at the last couple gun shows. I saw a pair of minty .375 big bores for 750 ea, while plain jane 30-30s were every where from 450 to 900. I think your 800 dollar opener would be fine, might go for more, but I don't see it going for less.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I agree with Rintintin.

Boolit Buddy
    I would think it should sell for $650.00 on gunbroker.
    If you were to list it as no-reserve $800-$900 opening price, then you have effectively listed at either a reserve price of 800 or 900 dollars. There are a few on gunbroker for sale now, with no bids.

Moderator Emeritus

To get real exposure start it at a penny and put a $650 reserve if you wish. People will bid if they see a low start and will bid if they know it is selling.. A friend says penny start and no reserve is the way to get the best price for a gun but I can't do it.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze