Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Trouble Posting Pictures

Boolit Master

Trouble Posting Pictures

In the past I've posted many pictures into my threads or the threads of others. Recently I have been unable to upload a picture and get a message that says "IMGxxxx.jpg: Upload of the file failed." I've tried in 3 browsers on a Win 10 machine and also on my Win7 machine that has been working just fine for 5 years including on this site with the same results every time.

If this has been discussed recently and I missed it, my apologies but I would like to know if this is my computers, my account or the website. Any ideas?
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    I ve tried posting pics my self for the last three days and had the exact same problem

Attachment 225793

My guess is they are probably too big.

Most cell phones, laptops have enough megapixels that pictures are coming out in the 3500 x pixel range.

I use a small graphics program called Irfan view. Load the picture, go to image, resize/resample, click half twice, then save as and put in a file name. Then upload, or "go advanced" and "manage attachments" and upload from there and insert.

Moderator Emeritus

I get the same "Upload of the file failed" if I try to upload a image that hasn't been resized.
    My camera makes each photo 4608 x 3456 which is about 3.75MB file size.
    I resize all my photos to 1024 x 768 which is about 200kB and those upload just fine.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    the ones im trying to post are under 55.2kb

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    In the past I've posted many pictures into my threads or the threads of others. Recently I have been unable to upload a picture and get a message that says "IMGxxxx.jpg: Upload of the file failed." I've tried in 3 browsers on a Win 10 machine and also on my Win7 machine that has been working just fine for 5 years including on this site with the same results every time.

If this has been discussed recently and I missed it, my apologies but I would like to know if this is my computers, my account or the website. Any ideas?
    I get that when the picture is too big of a file. There is a free compression program that makes the pictures smaller very easily and quickly that I use. Instead of trying to post a 3 mb picture post a 200k picture. This is the program:
    https://saerasoft.com/caesium/
    Scroll to the downloads...download your flavor (for your operating system) and the instructions are pretty easy...you are good to go.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad5005 View Post
    the ones im trying to post are under 55.2kb
    Well then I'm stumped. Would have to look at all of your settings and setup to determine what is going wrong. Can you send those sized files to any other site? Or is the problem only here?

Boolit Master

Duh! I feel like an idiot. I always resize pictures I intend to post on forums. I've had a lot of distractions lately with the purchase of a new computer and a new house, burning the candle at both ends and on the tired side constantly from trying to get ready to sell the current house and move. I just totally forgot to resize the photo which was over 2MB before resizing. I've been using Irfanview for over 20 years as a photo viewer. It has built into it the ability to rebalance color and gamma, crop the image, resize and make slide shows that save as standalone EXE files once created.

Photo posted, BTW. Thanks for the help!
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Banned
    I've posted over 6,150 using IMGUR

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...g-screen-shots

Posting pictures using IMGUR
    1) Go to https://imgur.com/
    2)Select sign up: Fill out information or register with: facebook, twitter, Google+ or Yahoo account
    3)Log into your account
    4)Click on your name and select images
    5) click on the Add Images box (upper right) -- click on browse and find your picture
    or
    6) On your computer, rt click on the picture you want to upload and hit copy (or hit control C)
    7) go back to IMGUR, L click on the girafe/up arrow and either rt click and select paste or hit control V
    or (the easiest way), IF you have more than 1 monitor, drag the picture you want and drop it anywhere on the IMGUR screen
    8) On IMGUR, Left click on the picture you want
    9) Then click on COPY next to [BBCode (message boards & forums)]
    10)Go to the post you want to put the image in, either right click and select paste or hit [Ctrl + V]
    11) Save your post and you're done.

Boolit Master

Sorry, I have no desire to post pictures on an image sharing website, ESPECIALLY one that uses a Facebook, Twitter, Google or Yahoo login. I've had commercial photos stolen and used without compensation before and do not intend to suffer that kind of loss again. Once a professional photographer, always a pro from an economic standpoint. My mistake was simply a failure to remember to resize a photo before posting it.