Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything

Thread: Progress on airgun range.

Boolit Master

Progress on airgun range.

I have made some progress on my range. I'm working a lot of hours so time has been limited.

The carport is a 18x21 7ft tall. You can see some if my USPSA props. It will serv as a covered shooting line for airguns and also for USPSA Dry fire.
    The front of the carport will be 45 yds to the mount for falling rams. That's the official distance for airgun sillhouette. The back of the carport will be 50 yds to paper targets at the wall. The steel will be a couple feet from the wall so that gives me the room needed to stay covered by the carport @ 45 and 50yds

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0818181835a.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	225694

Boolit Master
    The back stop has been a lot of work. The center is all that is done. There are 2 4x4 mounted on concrete with a 4x4 at a angle in concrete at the bottom and bolted to the 4x4 at the top. The cross ties are 11 high. I'm 6"2 and it's a bit over my head. A 8ft section cost about $225 so its not cheap. I have the sides just sitting there to get a feel of the size.

I'm going to get a dump truck load of red sand ( so the white sillhouette targets stand out). Not sure how much I need but I can put the rest under the carport to help the ground during the rainy season.

Im going to finish out what I have started this year. Next year I want to add a panel to each side and get several loads of dirt to build up against the back of the wall. I'm going to eventually take dirt all the way to the top.

Thinking about sending Trump a picture of my wall.

The road in the background goes to my neighbors house. We don't get along and I don't want to hear anything from her!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0818181835~2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	225709
    Last edited by GARD72977; 08-18-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Nice range. I live in town now and can’t have a set up like that. I do have about a 24 yd. section in the house I can shoot through though.
    I have to drive a short distance out of town to shoot further, so I envy your set up. Very nice!

Boolit Master
    I envy people that have a full range at home. I just want a nice place to shoot. We all make do with what we have. That's the nice thing about airguns.

Boolit Master
    Great idea, it keeps sun & rain off!

Fly