Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well That Didn't Work, Mosin Shooting Light Cast

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Glad to know who designed the Boolit!

It fits my Finn M39 and Long Branch .303 No. 4 Mk1* perfectly, but I ordered mine with a 0.09" bevel base at 7-1/2 degrees which I want to use as-cast and unsized, .316" from my mold. I am running 1/2 charge of normal extruded tubular powders 18-20 grs. of 4064, RL15 or Varget with 1.0 grain Dacron loose fill, looking at 1300 fps +/- works for me.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    I shoot the 314299 in my Finn model 27 at an estimated 1600 feet per second. Being an old fart have come to the conclusion that velocity is not all that it cracked up to be. Schutzen shooters using the 32-40 and 38-55 and even the 45/70 all are somewhere around 1400 feet per second and they get great accuracy regardless of which powder they are using either black powder or smokeless. Basically it's what your barrel, bullet, powder combination are giving you in terms of accuracy. Frank

Banned

Outpost, a good friend of mine shoots this out of his P14 303. 2 groove. It shoots lights out! We just tried it one day. Could not believe how well it worked. It was like it was made for that rifle. When I go on a casting spree. I make sure to make him a few hundred bullets. I let him size and check them.

You should have seen the gallons of cosmoline that we took off of it when it came from the CMP. Man I didn't think we were ever going to get it clean. It took about two weeks.

I have shot this tiny boolit in a very loose bore 303 Brit with good accuracy (It did not shoot well in another rifle with a better bore). It got seated to the line so there was considerable jump. This was subsonic load using shotgun powder. It's size would be something like .318 since it seated in an unsized neck (I still have some somewhere so I can measure them). By good accuracy I mean centre of beer can at 40 yds offhand with scope.

I see no reason why a short fat plain boolit should not do the same. Lube groove boolits of the same length would be much lighter.
    Last edited by 303Guy; 08-24-2018 at 05:23 PM.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12