Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: RCBS chargemaster combo - calibration error. Help!

Boolit Bub

RCBS chargemaster combo - calibration error. Help!

I press calibrate, then when it’s asking for 0 and with nothing on the scale and it’s stable I press calibrate again. Then it asks for 50gram weight, I lay it in the scale and wait for it to be stable, press the calibrate button again and it beeps and gives me an error. (I have a video but don’t know how to post it, I can email if anybody is interested in helping me).

For interest sakes, even though scale is not calibrated it will measure the 50gram weight as 62.09grams (958.2grains). Should be more like 771.62grains. Obviously this isn’t acceptable.

I called RCBS and they only warranty this unit for 1 year but mine is older, and they only offered this for advise:
    Try taking the scale and dispenser apart and blow some canned air like you would use to clean your keyboard into the connection ports. Also a couple shots under the platen to make sure there is no powder on the load cell. Also take a bounce or downey sheet and wipe the entire unit down with it to remove any static electricity. Try loosening the feet on the bottom of that unit and tighten them back up so that they just touch the bottom of that unit. Those units have a 1 year warranty on them and we will replace them if they are under warranty at no charge to you. I'm sorry but we do not work on those units.
    That didn’t work... do any of you have any idea how to fix this? It seems that years past RCBS warranty would replace the unit but I sure didn’t get that option. Kind of sickened at the thought at buying a new one.

Thanks!

Boolit Master
    Electronics almost always only have a 1-year warranty, unless you buy the extended warranty. RCBS, Apple, Samsung, etc.
    You are using the weights that came with the unit?
    They may offer a reduced price for a new scale. You would need to contact the Chinese company that makes them for anything else.

Boolit Bub
    Same weights that came with the unit

Boolit Master

This worked for a friend----
    He sent the scale back on his dime, ( he called first ) They sent a new unit to him.
    You probably just need a new scale.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by gray wolf View Post
    This worked for a friend----
    He sent the scale back on his dime, ( he called first ) They sent a new unit to him.
    You probably just need a new scale.
    Was that recently or many moons ago...? Thanks for
    The response

Boolit Bub
    Archibald - when you say you wait for the scale to get stable, you wait for the audible beep, correct? Mine for a while was taking quite some time with the 50gram weight to calibrate. I did not at one point that it was slightly out of level, but the adjustment of the legs didn’t change that issue. It still does it off and on, but has been verified against other scales once it is calibrated.

Boolit Bub
    I wait for the beep.