Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick change bench mounting plates...

Boolit Master

Quick change bench mounting plates...

I see the Inline mounting system, but I built my bench for the press at proper height and it is 2x6 construction with a 1/4" steel plate to anchor my main press.

I am wondering if any one out there makes a mount that is a base plate with interchangeble top plates that does not require 4 inches of lift as I really do not want to route out the top. I would like to continue to use my plate steel under some system. I would like to move in a couple of sizers and maybe a different press or a small vise.

Thanks Matt

Boolit Buddy
    Large C clamps are your friend, even my SeaGirt swage press are held in place with them. I used them as a "temporary" fix. Maybe some day I will quit adding presses moving stuff around.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian" Henry Ford

Boolit Master

Inline Fabrication makes mounts that are flush with the bench top (no riser). It's call the "flush mount quick change base plate." This base plate is use with the "top plates." You have to use a spacer if you don't want to route the bench top.

https://inlinefabrication.com/collec...tem-base-plate

https://inlinefabrication.com/collec...unt-base-plate

From the website:

In the quick change section, you purchase one mount height, either Flush mount, 4" micro, 7 1/2" Junior or 9 3/4" tall that all come equipped with a quick change base plate. Then, you buy one top plate for each press/tool you want to swap in and out of it. (Here) So for example, if you want to swap out your Dillon 550, your RCBS Rockchucker and your Redding 2400 case trimmer, you would grab #12, #11 and #65 from that list. That is it. swap em out in 30 seconds or less with-out tools.
    Last edited by Ickisrulz; 08-17-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    patmarlins.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Master
    I use lee bench plates,well built and cheap

Boolit Master
    Another vote for Pat Marlin's RockDock.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Boolit Master

That is the one I was looking for!!! I could not remember that Pat made it!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    There are a variety of 'em out there. I moved to a new place last year and made a new reloading bench - had to downsize so decided to make it so I could quickly put my presses on and off. I got the Lee mounting plates from Titan and have been very happy with them - they have the holes there for their presses but not a big deal to add them for other makes of presses. They mount my presses very solid to the bench top and are reasonably priced IMHO.

Boolit Grand Master

Rock Dock from patmarlins
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I have Lee mounting plates on 2 benches and I'm very happy with them. I did change one thing about them. I replaced the slotted hold down screws with cap screws so I can tighten them down with a large allen wrench.
    Chuck

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by oteroman View Post
    patmarlins.com

I agree with oteroman....I have two setups from Pat and they are great....they dont add any height to your already correct bench height! Good luck on your quest....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by oteroman View Post
    patmarlins.com

I got my Rock Dock from Pat Marlins several years ago. I use it for 3 presses and am very satisfied with the quality and design...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Grand Master

I made my own years ago. Common materials. 1/4" X 6" X8" base plate 2 pieces 1/4" X 1" X 8" flat stock 2 pieces 1/4" X 1 1/2" X 8" 8 1/4 20 flat head allen screws. Lay out 4 holes down each edge 1/2" in from edges. base plates holes are tapped. others are clearance for 1/4" and 1 1/2" are countersunk for screw heads. Assemble with 1" sandwiched between base plate and 1 1/2" this form a clamping t slot on each side. Use 1/4 X 4 X 8 to mount tools on and slide in then clamp down.

Banned

Boolit Master
    I use a 6x6x1/4" $4 plate from a local welding supply store.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4264867

Boolit Master
    I have the RockDock attached to a Dillon strong mount for use with my 2 650s,RCBS rock chucker and a Redding Big Boss the setup is solid as Gibralter.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd2 View Post
    I have Lee mounting plates on 2 benches and I'm very happy with them. I did change one thing about them. I replaced the slotted hold down screws with cap screws so I can tighten them down with a large allen wrench.
    +1, I've been using the Lee setup for years and did the same mod with SS cap screws, I keep the wrench on it with a small rare-earth, neodymium, magnet. The best part is you can make your own wooden plates for trimmers, powder measure etc., things that don't require as solid a mounting surface.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Pat marlins rock dock, very simple but very fast to change out to another press. I have 12 different presses that are set up on this system.

I use T-Track you can find it at rocklers it about 30/40 bucks as I recall. It is the best thing I have ever added to my bench,

Boolit Buddy

Another vote for Pat Marlin's RockDock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast