Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still looking for a visa card

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    We had a whole lot of problems with Wells Fargo and not just their anti-gun stance. I wouldn't go near a mega monster bank for any love of money
    I have been doing checking and banking with Wells Fargo for well over 10 years and have never had a problem.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Does Cabalas give cash back, or is it only discount merchandise???
    No to the cash back, just store credit. I've been using them for awhile for business trips as I might as well get something I like . The points also work at Bass Pro now that they've merged but the prices are still higher than just going to academy.

I believe per my last statement, Capital one is taking over the cabelas card.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Debit card with your local account. Gives same protection as credit card. For extra protection make it a separate account from your main checking and only put small amounts of money in it for planned purchases.

Did the credit card thing for my whole life until ten years ago. Cut them all up and I am so much happier and have a lot more money. They suck.
    I'm not to the point of cutting the CC up but I do the debit card with account limited to funds for online purchases. Allows me in effect to pay "cash" for online purchases instead of putting them on CC where they cost interest if I forget or miscalculate how much it will take to pay off this months purchases. Or major annoyance I pay right away and it gets credited as monthly payment! Use Credit Union for savings & loan plus CC and like them way better than the bank. But having bank branch in our village makes them more convenient for some things my wife does.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    My Father was a WW1 vet.Served overseas.Would that qualify me for USAA?
    When USAA was founded in 1922 membership was limited to commissioned officers. I sense that today anyone who ever walked past the gate of an army post is eligible. My son recently got a policy with them and he never served a day in his life.

I currently have a USAA checking account, which I think is the caterpiller's spats. No mimimum balance, free checks, free online transfer of funds, including paying bills. I don't have a USAA credit card but their banking and insurance customer service is significantly better than most businesses with whom I have dealt.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    I have been doing checking and banking with Wells Fargo for well over 10 years and have never had a problem.
    I had a checking account with Wells Fargo for well over ten years and got tired of maintaining a $1500 minimum balance to avoid service charges. I am far happier with my current USAA checking account. Since the latter is an online bank, I kept my Wells Fargo savings account. I don't care for the $300 minimum balance or the service charge for over six withdrawls per month, but it is convenient for quickly obtaining cash. I think they have ATM machines but there are Wells Fargo branches all over the west, and I enjoy asking the tellers if they have opened any new accounts for me lately without my knowledge.

Boolit Master
    Beginning in October, the Cabela's VISA card will transition to a Capitol one-issued Mastercard. That's not internet rumor; they sent me a letter to that effect.

If you already hold a Cabela's card the fate of your points, where and how you can spend them, etc., has already been explained in letters you've received (unless you didn't receive it for some reason).
    Last edited by higgins; 08-21-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    Beginning in October, the Cabela's VISA card will transition to a Capitol one-issued Mastercard. That's not internet rumor; they sent me a letter to that effect.

If you already hold a Cabela's card the fate of your points, where and how you can spend them, etc., has already been explained in letters you've received (unless you didn't receive it for some reason).
    I received the letter a few weeks ago. I skimmed the letter . Sounds like the only thing different is that the card will be changed from visa to a MasterCard. The point system and terms and conditions are the same.

The good part is they now price match. They matched midways internet price the other day on a rcbs charge lite scale and I was able to use my cabelas points at bass pro for the purchase. In years past when I asked them if they price matched I was told no which has always been half the battle. I’d always wait for a coupon or when it’s on sale otherwise they are always higher priced on just about everything than everyone else.

Boolit Master
    Hi EB.Thanks for your reply.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12