MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Kudos for Sccy service...

Boolit Master

Kudos for Sccy service...

I know, how many of you would own up to having an Sccy pistol? I got a really good deal on the CPX-1 with 3 magazines... came with my Kel-tec P32. I expected the trigger to feel different than I was accustomed to, and it really did. The requirement for a full release did not really bug me, but not resetting sometimes after a full release did. I called Sccy and talked to them about it.. verdict... send it in.

I expected 3 to 4 weeks to get it back. I got it back in less the 10 days! What did they do? It was a very old gen 2 and needed some updates in the main carrier block. They replaced everything except the slide, the serial numbered part and the lower grip frame. Under warranty, and I did not buy it new and they new it!

Now that I have had a few outings with it, I really actually like it for it's intended purpose. It has been 100% with every reload I have fed it and shoots about 2" at 15 yards off hand with crappy sights. It is very light weight and easy to hold on to. I will keep it, I do wish it was the gen 2 CPX-2 without the safety. A safety is not really needed on this gun. The trigger is long, repeatable and really only about 4.5 pounds. Does not mean that in the next 5 to 10k rounds that it will not need to be rebuilt again... But, I will do it.

Again, I say... who would own up to owning one of these?

Boolit Master

I will own up to owning one and 2 High Points. I will even own up to owning the Pink one. In my defense it is the wifes, but I shoot it more than her. I can easily drop steel plates it at 25 yards like I can with all my 9mm. I will say the trigger isn't all that fun, but it is better than a High Point trigger.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

My girlfriend owns one(CPX-2)...I really like the gun. The only issues were failure to go into battery for the first 100 rounds or so, only happened a few times. Seems to be well made...

Boolit Master

I would own up to having one IF I had one. I've been looking at them and just haven't had the $ when they have been handy to purchase. Right now I've got a big CC bill to pay off, then.....

Boolit Master
    I purchased a CPX-1 with the safety. The safety kept cutting into my hand and made it uncomfortable to shoot. I e-mailed SCCY about the problem and asked if I could purchase a CPX-2 frame so I could convert it. They said that they could not send me a frame, but would do the conversion if I sent it to them. Sent on a Monday and had my gun back the following Tuesday. No charge. They seem to be a stand up company and I am extremely happy with my CPX-2.

Banner Sponsor

I've looked at them a little bit. I was thinking about getting one for a under the seat truck gun. I wish that they would do a gen 3 and put a small rail section on the bottom in front of the trigger guard.

Boolit Master

@lar45, that is a great idea. But, it would be the same problem I have with the XD-S. The rail is so short and the barrel is so short that nothing useful fits.