Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Banged up my finger at work!

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finger.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	227502
    Finger is healing well. I have to go to physical therapy two times a week for the next four weeks.

Boolit Buddy
    Fan blades are pretty unforgiving. Hopefully that will be it, and the healing will continue. take care.

Boolit Master

It will take a while to recover your grip strength as you will want to protect the stump for a while as its healing. Don't rush too fast to do pistol shooting with your right hand. But consider this as a perfect opportunity to reinforce your off-hand pistol handling for the next 6 months or so. One, it will give your hand time to heal without additional stress while on the second, it will give you a potentially life-saving skill that many pistol shooters may not have at all.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Buddy

My brother-in-law lost part of the same finger. He would use his undamaged fingers as legs and paint a face on the stump and use his hand critter to mess with the kids.

Starbits
    "Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds." Louis L'Amour The Walking Drum

Boolit Grand Master

My Grandfather lost the tips of 2 fingers at work in the late 40s early 50s. His complaint was they were more sensitive to cold nd bumps than before. Something for you to keep in mind.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    My Grandfather lost the tips of 2 fingers at work in the late 40s early 50s. His complaint was they were more sensitive to cold nd bumps than before. Something for you to keep in mind.
    Dang right on that! I cut the tips of 4 fingers to the bone on my left hand (interior of 1st knuckles on pinky, ring, middle fingers and thumb) when I was 12 and the scar tissue still sends waves of pain if I hit them the wrong way...
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123