Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxPBcastco
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: which replacement part is "must have" for Magma Bullet Master

Boolit Mold

which replacement part is "must have" for Magma Bullet Master

I bought used, old Magma Bullet Master 2 (no pneumatic)
    machine is in working condition,

Want to order molds, and i thinking - which replacement parts are worth to buy ?
    (which parts are "must have" )

Boolit Master
    Nice score, shame it's quite rare for casting gear to pop up over here.

Does this model use shear pins? if so, you may want to get some of them, as when you are fiddling with it, working out how it all works, you may break one.

Shear pins, for sure, which are simply soft bolts. They go when you least expect it.

My Mark 6 uses pneumatics, so I can't really help you on what else you might need on that early machine. You might send Magma an email and ask them what they suggest you keep in stock.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Man
    Hello Donpablos. I suspect I know which machine you bought - two older MK 2s have been sold recently (one on ebay and one privately) and they are fairly rare. I have an old MK 2, serial number 118. I suspect it was made in the 70s.

Mine has been upgraded (1000 watt heaters and PIDs), but neither electric tapper solenoids was working when I got the machine. Neither of those two solenoids have been made for many, many years. I have since sourced a NOS sprue tapper solenoid from ebay and I had a local electric motor shop re-wind the bullet tapper solenoid. I bought the remaining inventory of parts associated with the electric tappers from Magma and still had to have a couple of pieces made by a machinist friend. Magma did send me copies of all the engineering diagrams, so that was a HUGE help in making parts. Let's just say I know Eric at Magma quite well now.

Just this week my machine is up and fully functioning after whacking the sprue cutter with a wooden handle and watching bullets hang in the molds for two years. Also, my machine was missing the fan that cools the molds inside the machine. Oh, what a joy this machine is now to run!!

You want shear bolts (get the cheapest ones you can find) as already mentioned and you want a supply of 3/16" x 3/4" roll pins for mounting the molds. And, get a copy of the manual from Magma's web site. They do not have the manual for the MK 2, but it still has lots of good information for your older MK 2. The oldest version of a manual I have is a MK 5 from 1989 and that model came with electric solenoids. Let me know if you need a hard copy of that. If your machine was shipped to you tuned and ready to run, you are light years ahead of where I was and my learning curve.

Lots of good information from owners here. I am sure they will chime in too. Feel free to PM me directly - I got a ton of help from the folks here, happy to help.
    Last edited by bjordan; 08-22-2018 at 01:50 PM.