WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Anyone else having issues with Homestead Parts?

Boolit Master

Anyone Else Having Issues With Homestead Parts? Updated

Anyone else having problems or issues with Homestead Parts? I ordered parts for my Winchester 1892 two weeks back, the order went through according to the credit card, they were supposed to send me an email with a tracking number, never got one, never got the part. I have emailed them several times, called and left messages on their voicemail, never a call back, nothing. They have no FB page to speak of. It wasn't a huge amount of money, but still, not happy that I can't get though, most say they are a pretty good place but, I can't even get a simple answer from them.
    Last edited by David LaPell; 08-18-2018 at 07:06 AM.
    Whatever cannot be remedied, must be endured.

Boolit Master
    Well, after two phone calls, left messages and five emails, I finally got someone today. Apparently they just shipped out the part today after they didn't know where it was and lost it. The woman I spoke to today had to be walked through what I had ordered and when and that it had been two weeks just since I ordered it by credit card (which was billed the day after I ordered it). Not sure exactly if I would ever order from them again since the communication process seems to be almost non-existent and I wonder if I hadn't pestered them that if they still hadn't sent it. I was told I should get an email with a tracking number, not holding out a lot of hope here, I just really hope to get the part soon so I don't have to re-order it from somewhere else.

Boolit Master

Hmmm doesn't sound too good?????
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Its been a couple of years since I bought anything from Homestead-- but there wasn't any problem. Maybe you had that one unlucky order.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    And so the drama continues, here it is, two days after I posted the above, and checked the tracking number that they provided. Seems all they did was create a shipping label, the Post Office in Tucson is still waiting for the package to actually get there.
    Needless to say I won't buy from this outfit again. I have in the past but this is crazy. I have tried contacting them again....and now they're back not communicating.

Boolit Master
    Seems they don't have your part, but want your money. I never heard of this outfit until now. I surely won't do business with them in the future. Can you dispute this charge with the credit card?

Boolit Master
    I am going to call the CC company as soon as I am done this. I have tried to contact Homestead today. They say they are open, but called 3 times, no answer. Emailed twice, no response. I even emailed them a screen shot of the info from the Post Office's website showing that all that's been done is a shipping label was created, nothing. Sad because I have done business with them before, and no issues but apparently something has gone wrong there. I can understand a mistake, but the owner flat out lied to me on the phone when I finally got in touch with her three days back and she said it had gone out. Apparently she didn't think I would actually check the tracking info. Then her excuse as to why it took so long was that they had lost the part, it had been misplaced etc. She's a crook.

Boolit Master
    Well, I hope this ordeal is over, the credit card company cancelled the charge, apparently after I contacted them and explained what was going on, they called Homestead, and whatever the owner said to them prompted the CC company to cancel the charge immediately and not in the seven days that the rep said it would.
    Today I get back from going out to find a voicemail message from the company, the first time someone from there has really reached out to me. The owner made some smart remark about my voicemail and then called me a dumb *** and then hung up. To me it says a lot about your company, wouldn't do business with them again, ever.
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 08-20-2018 at 03:30 PM. Reason: language

Boolit Master
    I've used them a few times ,had good service and the lady who runs/owns the business was very pleasant to deal with .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    I've used them a few times ,had good service and the lady who runs/owns the business was very pleasant to deal with .
    I never got to her, kept getting some guy named Janos. He texted me a little while ago with one word, "dumass" (his spelling). Not sure the issue, but he's the one I have been dealing with.