Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: It's been awhile

It's been awhile

Moved out of New Yorkistan and ended up in Azle, TX, a bit west of Ft. Worth. Whole ordeal of selling, buying, moving took almost 3 months. We're up to our eyeballs in empty boxes and packing material. I used North American Van Lines and I do not recommend them.

All my reloading stuff is still packed in boxes. It will be like Christmas over 20 years when I open them and get set up to reload again. I will likely have a perpetual smile on my face but it will be another month or so before I can do it. A few things to do with the new digs before I will get the time. Just as well, I want to get it well organized. Can't shoot from the property but plenty of gun ranges near by and I have a good store of ammo.

Anyone know of a shop that sells reloading supplies in the Ft. Worth area?
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Master
    Welcome to Texas Flash! You made a great decision, but may second guess it after putting up with our heat for a year or two.

Even though I’m 150 miles East of you, I believe there is a Cabelas in FT Worth, plus a handful of other gun shops in the area. I’m sure there is a good reloading supply fairly close by.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    There is a Basspro in Grapevine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Smart move leaving from behind the Iron Curtain. Wish I could, but too many responsibilities. Good luck.

Thanks for the well wishes. The heat will take a bit of getting used to. New house has two HVAC units and they work great.

Sold two tractors and a riding mower we used to keep up with the 30 acres when we left NY. We've down-sized to 6.3 acres of much flatter land and I bought a new Zero Turn mower. The big 26 HP Craftsman with the fabricated deck. It's a beast and the zero turn setup works really well in the Peach and Pecan orchard. Mows better than my tractors did.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Master

Welcome to Texas, you'll have the humidity that I try to avoid in SW Texas, love the desert don't need a mower

Boolit Grand Master
    Friend is planning to move to either Texas or Tennessee.
    Leaning towards Tennessee.
    He's going to retire, and with the wife he has, it's going to be to expensive to live here anymore.
    Will be a sad day for many when he moves.

Boolit Master
    An old hobo once said....." the sun is riz the sun is set and here we iz in Texas yet!" BTW...I am an Okie.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Congratulations on your escape, Flashhole! Wow, downsized all the way to 6.3 acres. Hope you survive in those cramped conditions! I truly am happy for you and hope you will enjoy your new home in the Greatest State.

I'm about to move (back) to Texas myself. We're downsizing from an acre of New Mexico, half of which is in its native state to 0.6 acres near Houston but on the good side near Galveston Bay where I grew up. Difference is, the house is in a regular subdivision and other than where the house sits the whole .6 acre is covered in grass and other pretty stuff. Not a single mesquite or cactus in site. I will miss the cottontails that come into the back yard.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    Hey Reddirt62 ,, a feller I worked construction with once ,, said if " y'a put me in a box and nailed it shut ,, then shipped me all over the US of A ,, i'd know as soon as I crossed into Okla" ,,Oh ! and how would that be ? ,, "It would be the only time i'd get the urge to steal something ". I'm in S.E. Okla. just No. of Paris , Tx . if y'a ever down this way ,,holler y'er comi'n I keep the coffee on.

flashhole,,glad to have out our way ,, wish y'a the best .

coffee's ready ,, Cowboy , aka ; Hootmix .

Boolit Buddy
    Should be several places around, but you'll probably be better off ordering on-line. Cabelas is off I-35 in N. Ft. Worth. Cheaper than dirt is off N Loop 820, just west of I-35. There should be some smaller gun shops closer to you. The Academy near me (Burleson) added a reloading section recently.

Welcome to Texas, try to enjoy it instead of “improve” it.