WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Man has all limbs amputated after dog’s lick leads to infection

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Man has all limbs amputated after dog’s lick leads to infection

I find this hard to believe. I will be talking to my vet!

https://nypost.com/2018/07/31/man-ha...-to-infection/
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like he was septic from infection, ended up on pressors like Levophed and developed ischemic/septic limbs as a consequence leading to amputation. Not directly linked to the infection but a secondary consequence. See it all the time with toes and fingertips.

Banned
    Now I got it ↑↑↑ Bone Doctor↑↑↑

Osteoporosis is a bone disease that occurs when the body loses too much bone, makes too little bone, or both. As a result, bones become weak and may break from a fall or, in serious cases, from sneezing or minor bumps. Osteoporosis means “porous bone.”

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    Now I got it ↑↑↑ Bone Doctor↑↑↑

Osteoporosis is a bone disease that occurs when the body loses too much bone, makes too little bone, or both. As a result, bones become weak and may break from a fall or, in serious cases, from sneezing or minor bumps. Osteoporosis means “porous bone.”

Close. Look up Osteopathic vs Allopathic medicine. In practice there is no difference now.

Banned
    Osteopathic medicine is a distinct form of medical practice in the United States.
    Osteopathic medicine provides all of the benefits of modern medicine including prescription drugs, surgery, and the use of technology to diagnose disease and evaluate injury. It also offers the added benefit of hands-on diagnosis and treatment through a system of treatment known as osteopathic manipulative medicine. Osteopathic medicine emphasizes helping each person achieve a high level of wellness by focusing on health promotion and disease prevention.

Your part chiropractor/ part herbalist part physician IE you practice holistic medicine.

OK, Osteo could have gone several different ways

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    I find this hard to believe. I will be talking to my vet!

https://nypost.com/2018/07/31/man-ha...-to-infection/
    If a dog can give a child Roto virus, I don't doubt the report.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

It was my understanding that a Dog virus crossed over to human and all dogs carry that virus.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Capnocytophaga canimorsus, a type of bacteria found in the saliva of dogs and cats. It can in very rare cases, enter the bloodstream through their licks, bites or other close contact.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER