Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersLee Precision
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with Spare Small Pistol Primers? Willing to Compensate Via PayPal

Anyone with Spare Small Pistol Primers? Willing to Compensate Via PayPal

I'm getting started with reloading for .38 Special, and there's one thing that I need in order to finally get started. Small Pistol Primers.

I've only acquired 100 cases with primers in them thanks to a generous user, but that's all the primers that I have.

Right now I'm bidding on Gunbroker for some primers, but I doubt that my current bid is going to stay. All of my local and non-local retailers have no pistol primers left.

I'm thinking I can arrange the purchase a brick (or Half Brick) of Small Pistol Primers off of here instead, preferably CCI 500 or Winchester. I'm willing to pay, using Paypal, $50 for 1000 primers plus any extra shipping charges that may come with it.

All I need is One Brick to get me going in all of this.
    Is anyone willing to make me an offer?

(This may be the wrong place to ask for this, I sincerely apologize. I have not been on this site long enough for Swap N' Sell, so I'm asking here.)
    (Let me know if I'm violating any rules, and if so, how to delete this thread.)
    Last edited by VariableRecall; 09-30-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Boolit Master
    I think I explained, but maybe not, it is not possible to legally ship primers without a very specific and expensive license. Primed brass can be shipped, it isn’t considered hazardous and doesn’t even require special marking or ground only.

Watch out on gunbroker or any buying online, make sure that you know what the seller is going to charge you for a hazmat fee and for shipping.

The problem is the shipping. If you were local to me I would happily meet up with you. Look on your local armslist.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

If Trump wins at some point you will be able to buy primers again.

Banned
    You may need to send them 1000 pieces of brass and have them install primers to send back to you legally.
    Last edited by Conditor22; 10-01-2020 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling :(

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    You may need to send them 1000 pieces of bras and have them install primers to send back to you leagaly.
    A lovely user managed to send me primed brass in the same method. If worst comes to worst, what would be the reasonable acceptable limit of price when it comes to a Brick of primers if I were to purchase one through Gunbroker? They are mostly selling for over $100 plus shipping per 1000 primer Bricks. My bidding limit is around $75, around $15 over the MSRP of CCI 500. With around $30 in hazmat fees, it would total about $105 plus tax. That's a real terrible deal.

Does anyone around here have the Magic Hazmat shipping touch?

If you want to make your blood boil, check this out!
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/880237949
    Last edited by VariableRecall; 10-01-2020 at 04:07 AM.

Boolit Master
    No. No spares.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master
    Heck, I paid $700.00 for 10,000 from a member here. It was 2x normal prices but a hedge against what happens in November.

I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by VariableRecall View Post

If you want to make your blood boil, check this out!
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/880237949
    $30.50 plus $18 shipping for 100 primers?!! Yikes! That's insane!
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

My heart jumped a little seeing CCI 500s for a completely normal price, but considering that BBB review, I'm going to have to hold off on that one.

Check this out from the BBB website:
    "56 complaints closed in last 3 years

51 complaints closed in last 12 months"

"On April 6, 2020, BBB submitted a written request to the company encouraging them to address the pattern of complaints. BBB was able to contact Kelly Reed by phone on 1/27/2020. She provided responses to a number of open complaints at the time. BBB has not been able to reach her since then, nor has the business provided any additional responses as of June 2, 2020. "

Boolit Master

Variable Recall:

If you can travel to Kalispell Montana (267 miles according to my Google Foo) I will sell you 1000 Pistol Primers for what I paid $38.00. I have been in places where components were almost impossible to get (at any price). It's a long round trip - but an option. Drop me a Private Message (PM) if other options will not work out for you and you want to pursue this.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Variable Recall:

If you can travel to Kalispell Montana (267 miles according to my Google Foo) I will sell you 1000 Pistol Primers for what I paid $38.00. I have been in places where components were almost impossible to get (at any price). It's a long round trip - but an option. Drop me a Private Message (PM) if other options will not work out for you and you want to pursue this.
    I'm going to have to decline that option, but thank you for the offer. My vehicle gets pretty terrible gas mileage and I'm probably going to pay $100 in fuel alone to get there.

Boolit Master
    All I need is One Brick to get me going in all of this.
    Why do you need 1000 primers to "get going"? You have 100 primed cases - that's a good start.
    What about bullets and powder? Do you have those?
    And what about a loading press?

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    Why do you need 1000 primers to "get going"? You have 100 primed cases - that's a good start.
    What about bullets and powder? Do you have those?
    And what about a loading press?
    I technically have everything I need to start reloading for my chosen caliber: .38 Special. From a hand press, two types of scales, dies, priming tools, brass, Powder (Win 231) and 650 bullets (158 Grain SWC). however, Other than the 100 primers that were gifted to me in some brass, that's all I have.
    I'm kinda looking into the future considering how primers are one of the major consumable resources in this entire process. Thankfully, acquiring brass and bullets was really simple, but primers are currently another matter.

Right now I've re-sized, expanded, and otherwise prepped every piece of brass that I have availible to make the only steps after priming them being filling them with powder, and seating/crimping them into place.

Boolit Master
    Gonna load and shoot your first round this weekend?

Boolit Master
    How much unprimed brass do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    Gonna load and shoot your first round this weekend?
    Unfortunately, I've got a problem preventing me from doing that. Turns out my Hammer Nose on my model 10 broke while I was dry firing with Tipton Snap Caps. Even worse, the chunk of broken hammer nose is jammed in the cylinder. From what i can assume, the spring loaded pin in the snap cap is depressed to a degree.

The good news is that I believe I can still remove the hammer by moving the hand out of index so that I can manipulate it with the cylinder stuck in place. Thankfully, I've ordred another Hammer Nose from Numrich, but it's been almost a week and they still haven't shipped the Nose yet.

I've found a gunsmith somewhat in my area but to get to him in the middle of nowhere, about a 2 hour drive there and 2 hours back. It will be well worth giving it once over for a professional. From what I've heard when I called him he's got a lot of firearms in line he needs to work on so most likely this will be a two trip affair. I've honestly been really embarrassed about this but considering the hammer nose has lasted over 50 years that's a pretty damn good track record. I can post some photos of the problem if you would like.

Side profile with the Hammer Nose tip broken off:
    https://imgur.com/UMAvCSR

Side view of the piece stuck in the Cylinder.
    https://imgur.com/DsLIviV
    Last edited by VariableRecall; 10-02-2020 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    How much unprimed brass do you have?
    I have about 300 or so cases of unprimed brass. Overall, I have enough lockable ammunition storage in my place for about 400 rounds. I'll probably get some more in the future to boost my capacity to 800.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast