RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: I could use it box!

Just remember that everyone goes through ****. Cut the guy some slack.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sw45 View Post
    I want the box sent back to me. I will be pming you with the address.
    I truly wish you the best of luck with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rp- View Post
    Just remember that everyone goes through ****. Cut the guy some slack.

I feel I have been more than patient. After 31 days, several PM's, involving a moderator, 10 of those days after the 4th promise to get it out, that one publicly, my rope is out of slack. In fact it has taken so long, the stuff I could have used I had to purchase elsewhere.

I work between 45-53 hours a week. Yet I can still find time to actually go to the PO to ship out a first class for a PIF. He has posted to the forum each of the last 3 days. He was sitting in front of the computer and could have printed a label. There is simply no excuse for that.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nwfdub; 09-06-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nwfdub View Post
    I truly wish you the best of luck with that. I feel I have been more than patient. After 31 days, several PM's, involving a moderator, 10 of those days after the 4th promise to get it out, that one publicly, my rope is out of slack. In fact it has taken so long, the stuff I could have used I had to purchase elsewhere.

I work between 45-53 hours a week. Yet I can still find time to actually go to the PO to ship out a first class for a PIF. He has posted to the forum each of the last 3 days. He was sitting in front of the computer and could have printed a label. There is simply no excuse for that.

Now you sound like an entitled ***. Greedy for a box of free stuff. "Gimmie, gimmie." Did you ever think pestering the guy might make him not want to send it. Did you ever think about the spirit of the helping hands section or the spirit of the 'I could use it box' before you put the guy on blast in the forum and in PMs?

This same thing happened with the PIF box in the PIF section. A guy wound up getting messages from about 10 people demanding the box which drove him to not want to send the box full of crap (and yes I can confirm lots of stuff in both boxes was trash). By the way, maybe go check on that box of free stuff, too.

If you really want this box that bad have you thought about printing a label and sending it to him? In the spirit of helping hands could you do that? Would you do that Instead of lighting the guy up?

You catch more boxes of free stuff with diplomacy and kindness than by being a pushy jerk.

Boolit Master
    Now you sound like an entitled ***. Greedy for a box of free stuff. "Gimmie, gimmie." Did you ever think pestering the guy might make him not want to send it. Did you ever think about the spirit of the helping hands section or the spirit of the 'I could use it box' before you put the guy on blast in the forum and in PMs?

This same thing happened with the PIF box in the PIF section. A guy wound up getting messages from about 10 people demanding the box which drove him to not want to send the box full of crap (and yes I can confirm lots of stuff in both boxes was trash). By the way, maybe go check on that box of free stuff, too.

If you really want this box that bad have you thought about printing a label and sending it to him? In the spirit of helping hands could you do that? Would you do that Instead of lighting the guy up?

You catch more boxes of free stuff with diplomacy and kindness than by being a pushy jerk.

Just want to say that I disagree with everything you said.

Boolit Bub

Pm sent

Boolit Master
    Rp,
    As you said the spirt of this box. Them paying for the box to be shipped to himself is not in spirt of the box. When you agree to take this box, you agree to take thing you can use and replace said items with things of value and agree to ship it on to the next person. Hanging onto this box is not in spirt of the idea of this box also. If you can’t give a fairly quick turnaround, then it might be best to let another person claim it.

Thank you,
    1911sw45
    Adam
    Amateur Ham Radio General Class KO4CHM

Boolit Master
    Scrounge I sent you my address to send the I could used it box back to me so I can take inventory and get it back out in circulation as fast as possible. That was a week ago. You have not a knowledge my PM and you have since been online since then. This box has been setting long enough with you and needs to be sent back to my address that I sent you in the last PM.

Thank you,
    Adam
    1911sw45

Boolit Buddy
    I confess being torn by some of this discussion. I understand being impatient when things get stalled. I also know both sides. Trouble seeing, back pain, & your spouse health problems can be debilitating. I am thankful for our pay it forward threads, they help grow our community. I am thankful for my eye injections controlling sight loss. I am thankful for the back surgery allowing me to sit up, stand, & walk. Near biblical healing. My wife passed in '15. She is missed but it's better than what she had. May I make some suggestions?
    Be thankful for the good things in life, share what you can with community, be good to friends & family. Worry about the big stuff, take care of that first.
    I hope not to offend & wish you all well.

Boolit Master
    Box is on its way back to Adam. Tracking says it should be there tomorrow evening. I took nothing intentionally, but I've found a couple of stickers that fell out somehow. An HK sticker, and a Sig sticker. If someone wants them, PM me, and I'll send them 1st class mail. There is cash in the box to cover sending the box to whoever the next recipient. I had to take the lithium batteries back out of the Starrett caliper, so if someone takes it, let me know and I'll have Amazon deliver some batteries. It takes two 2032 coin cells. Thanks to those of you who were willing to cut me some slack. My apologies to everyone. I will not be participating in this again. For me, it was a uniformly negative experience.

Bill

Boolit Master
    I have received the box back. Just glanced over the contents. Will have to make a detailed list of contents. The box will be setting idle until I get done with corn harvest, winter wheat planting and soybean harvest it will be late November at the earliest.

Thank you,
    Adam
    1911sw45

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223