MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Moses change GOD's mind ?

Prayer does not move God to bend to our will. Prayer does cause us to bend to His will.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

That is true. One can believe that the Bible says what it means, and means what it says, or one can interpret it as to what one thinks it means. Hence, a vast array and difference of opinions and denominations.

If one is of evil inclination and destined for a one-way trip to a very hot place, but repents and accepts Christ as his/her savior, then does not God change his mind about the ultimate destination? Does not the difference between the Old and New Covenants represent a changing of God's mind? i.e. stoning those taken in adultery, or being without sin and casting the first stone? I think that God has and does change his mind often. We are beings with free will, and our actions and behavior change His mind as to His relationship with us. God can know everything if he chooses to do so,
    but if things, including his mind, could not be changed there would be no need to spread the Gospel, which we are instructed to do, because the ultimate fate of everyone would be set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    That is true. One can believe that the Bible says what it means, and means what it says, or one can interpret it as to what one thinks it means. Hence, a vast array and difference of opinions and denominations.

If one is of evil inclination and destined for a one-way trip to a very hot place, but repents and accepts Christ as his/her savior, then does not God change his mind about the ultimate destination? Does not the difference between the Old and New Covenants represent a changing of God's mind? i.e. stoning those taken in adultery, or being without sin and casting the first stone? I think that God has and does change his mind often. We are beings with free will, and our actions and behavior change His mind as to His relationship with us. God can know everything if he chooses to do so,
    but if things, including his mind, could not be changed there would be no need to spread the Gospel, which we are instructed to do, because the ultimate fate of everyone would be set in stone.
    The "Heaven vs. Hell" issue is not about God's changing his mind. It is a decision made by each of us. It is God's will that all will experience Eternal Life with him. The NT is full of parables and teachings about that. However in that, as in all other matters, he had granted us free will. Each of us makes a choice whether or not to choose Eternal Life though faith in Christ or not. Our eternal destiny is not cast in stone by God, it is our choice. If anybody finds himself/herself outside of Eternal Life with God, they did it to themselves.

As to other examples you give of God changing his mind, God does not change his mind, people change their minds about God. Jesus is the final and full expression of God. He is God's last word to us. Jesus said that if we have sceen him, we have seen the father. We can read what Jesus thought about stoning women caught in adultery. He asked those who were about to stone her, who among them was without sin? When none of them could reply, he told the woman to go and sin no more for he did not condemn her either. So much for this stoning stuff.

I am a Christ One (Christian) and not an Old Law Jew. My God is gracious and loving, as we see in Jesus. Jesus died to forgive our sins we are indeed forgiven through faith him. Why do folks want to go backwards to the Old Law and not forward with Jesus?

All this hocky puck about God changing His mind, does nothing but diverts us from the prize which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. It just focuses us on the irrelevant and not the relevant. It is a bogus question from first to last and does nothing to build up and edify the Body of Christ.

Theological questioning, posturing and argumentation has never saved one soul. Why do you guys waste so much time on it, for the fields are white unto harvest and the workers are few. If you want to use this board for a positive ministry, then build each other up for the work of ministry and not pick and piddle around with this foolishness.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 08-15-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    If anybody finds himself/herself outside of Eternal Life with God, they did it to themselves.
    That is unless you are a Calvinist.

Well--there you go. Many different beliefs and angles. I'm worn out on the subject/questions.

Boolit Master
    I see the Chapel is still the thinly veiled theological forum just like it was when I left it 6 months ago.

Where theological questions are asked, then others are slapped down for giving theological answers.

Pity really.

Boolit Master
    I would have to say that I suspect that many of the things that are written in God‘s words are written for our benefit, that is written so that we can understand. If indeed God is omniscient, and knows the beginning the present and the future, then God Knew these things would come about, which also means he had a plan in place for them. I suspect that what is worded in scripture as ‘God changed his mind’, is actually written in a way for us to understand why God changed the outcome of what he was doing. In short, it is showing that God directs events for our good, even when we deserve things that are not good.

Moderator Emeritus

I have never really understood the original question. And THERE is what may well constitute the larger part of our problems. There are many questions that really don't need to be responded to because the questions themselves are flawed. They can be flawed by an integral assumption that not all share. They can be flawed because they weren't well thought out to begin with, but merely shared without due consideration as to whether or not they were or might actually be helpful in understanding what was being asked.

As to whether or not our prayers and beseechments MIGHT ever bend God's will, I think we do it all the time. We ask, and He either grants or denies, or maybe sometimes partially denies us our request. Ultimately, though, He knows what's best for us in the long run and sees FAR further ahead than we ever could imagine effectively, so .... I'm quite content to live within the confines of His will, whenever I can muster up the wisdom to do so.

Not every question we ask with respect to theology is a good or even relevant one. I learned that quite a while ago, and periodically, have to re-learn it again and again. GOOD theological questions have GOOD theological answers. Speculative ones can have only speculative answers. We need to confine ourselves to the good questions whenever we consider theological questions, because they keep us from spinning our wheels and manufacturing dissension from nothing at all. They're the work of Satan, and though they're easily and readily available and fallen into, they still divide and anger us, and that will NEVER be the will of the Father!

Only good questions produce greater understanding and appreciation for our Lord, and sometimes, we need to be more careful about those others. Yes, some questions do generate from scripture that are puzzling, but often, it's just our lack of understanding and appreciation for the scripture, or our merely partial grasp of it, that leads us into disrupting and counter-productive results.

Whenever I encounter a question I don't really understand, I feel no compunction to answer, and I just shrug, and go on elsewhere to something that promises better results. As the old saying goes, "There's no use beating a dead horse." Sounds somewhere close to right to me, anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12