Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to me Glock

Boolit Master
    Although my most favorite semi-auto is the 1911; I still carry a Glock 21 or 30 at least 98 percent of the time.

Again I mean no harm, hurt or anguish by my statement. I am not trolling, baiting or calling out anyone. My statement is based on my knowledge and/or my experience and/or information.

I'm not much on Glocks but I like the 21 and my brother's new G40 long slide 10 millimeter is amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    There are a lot of aftermarket parts for Glocks and NONE of them are needed. Glocks remind me of VW beetles, 32 Ford Coupes or 1911 pistols, they're fine stock but everyone thinks you need to change stuff to somehow make them better.
    There are makers and sellers of after market parts, that create a market for a needless product. The various gun writers aid and abet these folks by helping to create demand for these needless products. As a consequence, these needless parts become "must have" parts.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    I hate a heavy trigger. I put a Ghost trigger in mine years ago. It's claimed to drop it down to 3 1/2 pounds, but I reckon they measured it at the trigger tip. Mine is down to 4 pounds, and I can kind of live with that. Seems like it was @$10. A Glock really does exemplify the phrase "A gun is just a tool". Not a fine blued Smith or Colt with nice grips ... but it runs and runs. After I put the trigger bar in mine, it surprised me how accurate it was.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glock 21.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	225514

Boolit Master

I like my G36. Other than Trijicon tritium sights it is stock standard.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    Gospel truth right there!

CW
    Yes, indeed. I think Glock's biggest strength is that they have been refining the same gun for almost 40 years, unlike other makers who start from scratch every decade or so (yeah, I'm talking to you Ruger). Which always comes with the inevitable bugs of any new design.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I wish I liked the Glock grip. I've tried many times but it just doesn't work for me. They feel like I am holding onto 1x2 lumber.

I am considering one of the single stacks for concealed carry. Can't justify it right now since my current pistol is reliable and accurate.

Boolit Master

Welcome to the dark side. The guns work if you do your part. I love the 21 and the 19.

Boolit Master

I did replace the recoil spring with a steel one from Wolf
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

I carry a G19.
    Built it last year. Started with a stripped frame added a lower parts kit (stock), tumble polished the trigger bar and such, Added a lone wolf slide and barrel. Night sights.

Happy!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I think the 42 is the sweetest Glock of all.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master

I have no problem with glocks. They’re reliable, accurate, and tons of aftermarket support. As a company they support the shooing world. They started a movement towards polymer autos and have been the cornerstone there. But there are newer designs as well that compete at high levels against Glock, successfully. I’ve got a few and enjoy them very much.

Boolit Master
    I have several Glocks, but still prefer a 1911 or revolver. However, I carry a Glock as my primary on duty, so it has grown on me. I will get flak for this, but I see Glocks as tools, as someone else said. So I started with a Glock for duty use, and got a second to keep in my bail out bag, and then a third that I got cheap cause it was a trade-in to use for a fishing/kayaking pistol that's just my beater. Y'all get the idea. I think they're ugly, but work great, even if mine aren't quite as accurate as my 1911s. However, the Lone Wolf barrels I have put in a couple of them definitely improve the accuracy, which was serviceable before, but is closer to my 1911s now than what the stock Glocks were before the change.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master
    Here's a picture that shows how Glock .40 S&W chambers have changed. Brass is still not quite as well supported as in some aftermarket barrels, but things are much improved. I never found a bulged case from my Gen4 G22 while I owned it. The .40 S&W cartridge just doesn't excite me, so I haven't kept a gun chambered for it for very long to date. Guess I should have installed a .357 Sig barrel in the G22 and tried that, but oh well.

Attachment 226929
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

A single column .357 Sig would make me consider owning another Glock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I did ad a light to it a streamlight TLR1 so i think its GTG for my nightstand and a magazine full of gold dots
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

When you consider that about 65% of all Military and law enforcement agencies carry Glocks they must be doing something right.

I have 4 of them a G21SF a G36 (.45 ACP's) and a G35 and G23 (.40's)and I have a Conversion barrel for the G23 to be able to shoot 9mm if necessary.

I have all these guns set up the same way with a G35 Slide Release and Extended Mag Releases, Dawson or Truglo Sights.

I shoot the G21 best of all. G23 and 35 next. Haven't shot the G36 that much but I'm going to take it to a Front Sight Class next Month so it will get shot a bunch.

With that One Shot Pistol Brace that G23 is a 100 yard gun!

These guns are tools. They are not pretty. (except in the eye of the beholder)

They are arguably the best Combat Pistols ever made, and that is saying something,,, but there is no dispute whatsoever about the fact that they are the easiest pistol to learn on. You can only do three things to a Glock.
    1. Insert Magazine, 2. Rack Slide, 3. Pull Trigger.

That's why they are superior Combat Weapons,,, less to think about when it matters..

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Randy,
    You’re right about the Glock being a good fighting gun. But that isn’t the only reason why they are popular in LE. For example, as a Texas peace officer, i can go to a dealer that participated in Glock’s LE program, and get the same Gen3 G22 that would cost me around $550ish without my ID card and pay right around $400 for it. Now if my agency buys it for me, they pay closer to $350. Feel free to confirm this at any “Blue Label” dealer. Cabelas does this, GT Distributors, does too, and MANY others. A big part of the popularity is the lower cost as compared to most other brands. It doesn’t take away from the effectiveness and quality, but let’s face it, Glock did an excellent job in marketing too.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Bub
    It took me some time to warm up to my Glocks, transition from1911s was tough because the Glocks pointed so differently. I had one of the early .40s that bulged cases, and sold it, but I love the 9mms I have. I eventually got used to the grip angle and shoot them very well.

Banned
    Glock's marketing has always been aggressive, probably out of necessity.

If you want to read an interesting book concerning the Glock pistols I can recommend "Glock, The rise of America's Gun" by Paul Barrett.

And by the way, Glock wasn't the first polymer framed pistol. The first polymer framed pistol was the H&K VP-70, not exactly a mainstream gun. The Glock was the first truly successful polymer framed gun in the commercial market.

One of the things that helped Gaston Glock succeed was the fact that he was not constrained by the conventional dogma of pistol design. His lack of firearm's experience allowed him to approach problems from different angles and come up with solutions. We've seen this many times throughout history. Innovators push the envelope. John Browning's designs were radical in their day. Colt's designs were a departure from the norm. Bill Ruger's manufacturing methods gave him an edge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast