RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to me Glock

Boolit Master

New to me Glock

Well guys i picked up my new to me Glock 21 over the weekend I just love it do not Know why i waited so long to get
    a Glock it shoots Awesome lotta fun I cant wait to go to my outdoor range with it and shoot some Steel and 2 litter plastic
    bottles Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180813_095522_resized.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	225475 this is at 15 yards with my reloads
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Banned
    I shoot a lot of handguns, including Glocks. The Glock is far better than the haters will lead you to believe.

As a combat pistol, the Glock is outstanding. They are incredibly reliable and incredibly durable. Most of the problems I've seen with Glocks come from people attempting to "improve" them.

They are not pretty guns nor are they intended to be pretty (although their reliability and durability does make them extremely attractive but only in a practical manner).

There's a lot of misinformation out there concerning the Glock platform. When you get beyond the bias, they are solid guns.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    I shoot a lot of handguns, including Glocks. The Glock is far better than the haters will lead you to believe.

As a combat pistol, the Glock is outstanding. They are incredibly reliable and incredibly durable. Most of the problems I've seen with Glocks come from people attempting to "improve" them.

They are not pretty guns nor are they intended to be pretty (although their reliability and durability does make them extremely attractive but only in a practical manner).

There's a lot of misinformation out there concerning the Glock platform. When you get beyond the bias, they are solid guns.
    Gospel truth right there!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

I was looking at all the upgrades that i can do and thinking that I may just do some I did order a set of Talon grips the rubber ones
    for it but going to shoot it for a wile first The trigger is not that bad just had to get used to it

Boolit Master
    You can obtain a 10mm barrel, .460 Roberts, etc. + a 22 lb recoil spring on a guide rod and have a multi caliber platform.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    You can obtain a 10mm barrel, .460 Roberts, etc. + a 22 lb recoil spring on a guide rod and have a multi caliber platform.
    good to know

Banned
    LEAVE IT STOCK!

It will work forever.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    LEAVE IT STOCK!

It will work forever.
    LOL I probable will but I'm going to add the Talon rubber grips to it I also just sent for a few more magazines and I will add a light to it
    this is going to be for H/D One more question not to open a can of worms but is shooting plated bullets ok in a stock barrel and what is Glock brass bulge
    my brass that i shot today looks normal

I have had one or more Glocks since they first came into this country. I can't muster us any affection for them, but they are very good at what they are designed to do. They are a combat handgun and they are as good at that, as any other and better than many.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

I hate glocks, they way they look that is. I am a die in wool 1911 old fart and want all metal in my handguns. As for being a reliable firearm, Glocks are hard to beat. There is many reports from indoor ranges that rents firearms of having Glocks going 20-40 thousand rounds without any form of breakage to any of it's parts. They also have a great reputation for feeding and extracting ammo over most other semi autos. My two main 1911s will feed empty cases from the magazine and are extremely reliable, but I had to work on the feed ramp and chamber mouth to get that reliability. Glocks are noted for having that reliability from the factory box.

Boolit Master

Shooting plated is fine , though mine with stock barrels only see cast , as for the bulge I do not get that on my 3rd and 4th generation models , as I believe it was early models and some other manufactures who had unsupported chambers that caused the bulge , I have found brass with it and I bought some brass on here once that had been run through a bulge buster die to take out the bulge . Still leaves a little smiley spot on case and does weaken it in that spot , am not a fan of brass with that issue and it goes in recycle can.

Boolit Grand Master
    The 45 ACP is already a very lead-friendly caliber right from the git-go, and I had zero leading or accuracy problems with my Glock 21s using cast bullets sized at .452" and lubed with Alox/BW. Bullets sized at .454" did well also. The 8-lobed OEM barrels in mine were .449" x .453", throats were .452". One needs only see the work done by Whitworth rifles during the 19th Century to get a clear idea of how well polygonal bores can manage poured projectiles. In terms of BS per square meter, the Glock has caused some of the deepest accumulations ever discovered in the venues of arms journalism.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Thank you all

Boolit Master
    I had a 17, a 19 and a 30, and they would shoot anything that would fit into the chamber. Reliable as all get out. However, after my Chemo I got a severe case of nephropathy that won't go away, and it caused my shooting to go south pretty quick because I can't feel much if anything. I started shooting everything low and left, and try as I might I can't correct it. Before the chemo the 17 would put all of my bullets where I wanted them to go.
    I ended up with a CZ 75 SP01 that has a hammer and is easier for me to hit with.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Banned
    I'll second the, "In terms of BS per square meter, the Glock has caused some of the deepest accumulations ever discovered in the venues of arms journalism. "

The amount of outright lies told about Glocks is almost impossible to comprehend. There are people out there that hate Glocks so much that they will say anything they can to slander the Glock.

As for the case bulge, I've never seen it from my pistols or the pistols of the people I shoot with. I pick up and reload all of the brass I can find and if it's a problem it has yet to become apparent to me.

There are a lot of aftermarket parts for Glocks and NONE of them are needed. Glocks remind me of VW beetles, 32 Ford Coupes or 1911 pistols, they're fine stock but everyone thinks you need to change stuff to somehow make them better.

Boolit Buddy
    +1 on plated being ok in Glocks. Lead cast is also ok in my experience, especially in 45 acp. Most of what I shoot is the Lee 401-175 TC in my 40 S&W and the Lee 452-230TC in the 45s. I did switch to powder coating for the only reason being less smoke and no bullet lube to clean afterwards.

The Glock brass bulge issue seems to be an issue for earlier 40 S&W and 10mm guns. I don't recall ever hearing of this issue with the 45 acp guns. When I started law enforcement Officers in my department were issued Gen 2 Glock 22s. After years of picking up brass, by hand, after qualifications I have never seen one that had what I would call the "Glock Belly". Yes the brass was expanded more than others that were shot in different manufactures. I think that its due to the pressure involved and the way the chamber is cut. 45 acp roughly 21,000 psi/ 40 S&W roughly 35,000 psi. I cant recall what 10mm runs at, but I imagine its in the neighborhood of what 40 S&W runs at.
    Last edited by emorris; 08-13-2018 at 10:18 PM.

First off, Glock pistols are ugly. That said, I don't mind ugly if it works reliably and shoots accurately. Glocks have a reputation for both. And I won't be looking at the gun when I am using it, just the sights.
    I have never owned one. I have shot them at the range a few times to try them out. I have issues with the triggers but I think a person could get used to them after a time.
    As you can probably tell, I am a bit uncertain what I want to do about them. For what I do, I really don't need another handgun to buy magazines for even if it is in the same caliber I already own.
    They do make a couple of pistols I find very interesting and might buy one in the future though.

Boolit Master

Well I bought it for two reasons 1 just to scrat ch in itch and was wanting a higher capacity 45 for the house that I could add a light to and when I came across this at such a great price I just couldn't refuse

for some reasons the 21 is the easiest for many to achieve good results from the get go.
    must be related to the 18.000 psi 45acp round ; more of a push back than a muzzle flip.

i'm a glock guy in and out.till recently,was owning glock of all calibers only . some for CCW,and some as game guns.

the only,really,only aspect that need teakings is the trigger...and when i say that, i only mean it when it comes to competitions ; performing well while keeping the fast pace of highly mod'ed 2011'S,IF YOU'RE NOT bob vogel,some tweaking may be required ,but are very easy to achieves without removing any of it's reliability safety.

i ZEV TECH'ed 4 of my standard class guns,all safeties are intact,and those guns are as reliable as they were out the box. some of my other glocks are left intact, my G23 and G19 are CCW units.

here s some pics for you if you don't mind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04132.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	225503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04413.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	225504
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2e4xe75_th.jpg   33oqvma.jpg  

Boolit Master

I have a few of them too. I like them for what they are. one thing I always change is springs. I trust Wolfe springs and change them out in most every firearm I need perfect reliability from. Something else I like is a metat guide rod. But that's about it for internals. Skate board grip tape is a plus. Some don't like it on there hyde, doesn't bother me any.

I have a G35 that I have changed out almost everything... Its very reliable in matches but would never ever get carried.

I have carried a G23 daily for most of the last 20 years.

I bought my 21 to get another big bore frame for my 10mm's. But the 45 shoots very nice. Its lived as a 45 for the last few months. My wife likes it best of all my Glocks. Even tho she has very small hands. She shoots it well. Even shot it in a few bullseye matches!

Good luck,
    CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast