RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to me Glock

Boolit Master
    I traded for an almost new 17 about 30 years ago, still have it box and all. Being a revolver guy I looked at it sideways for a while but finally realized what it was. It is a simple to operate and reliable fighting pistol.

I have not poured rounds through it but get it out occasionally and fire a clip or two, it's not been carried more than a dozen times. The pistol has been 100% reliable using mostly FMJ and a few HP"s I have loaded but has not been rode hard and put up wet.

The only complaint I have is the grips, I don't have large hands and the Glock is on the large side. I added a grip sleeve, made it bigger but the tacky rubber and the finger grooves made it easier to hold. Other than that the pistol is like the day it was made.

Might be a revolver guy but for some reason I have more auto's than revolvers, oh well.

Dave
    Last edited by beemer; 09-18-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonegun1894 View Post
    Randy,
    You’re right about the Glock being a good fighting gun. But that isn’t the only reason why they are popular in LE. For example, as a Texas peace officer, i can go to a dealer that participated in Glock’s LE program, and get the same Gen3 G22 that would cost me around $550ish without my ID card and pay right around $400 for it. Now if my agency buys it for me, they pay closer to $350. Feel free to confirm this at any “Blue Label” dealer. Cabelas does this, GT Distributors, does too, and MANY others. A big part of the popularity is the lower cost as compared to most other brands. It doesn’t take away from the effectiveness and quality, but let’s face it, Glock did an excellent job in marketing too.
    The Blue Label deal also applies to prosecutors and judges. Check their website.

Banned

Met a retired LEO who was the Glock sales rep for midwest area. He said the same thing, marketing to LEOs was a big part of the "plan."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    The Blue Label deal also applies to prosecutors and judges. Check their website.
    It’s actually even more extensive than that. But I wasn’t about to type out their entire sales pitch.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master
    I have a minty condition G22 (.40 S&W) RTF2 with the "fish gill" slide serrations. I have a soft spot for the RTF2 guns. Mine, a Gen 3, is really hard on brass, it smiles the cases pretty bad.

The grip shape and angle is far from my favorite nor are they particularly beautiful but in a functionality and engineering point of view, they are a class act. Glock wouldn't be where they are if it wasn't a stellar product. I love how simple they are and how the parts mechanically interact with each other. Very clever design. I'm more a S&W guy but I have admiration for Glock.

I like my Glock, its fun for GSSF!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

seriously,who would choose any other pistols than a glock if ever your life was goin to be on the line for weeks because an out of control social chaos,or a break in the food chain? or a zombie attack?

having to protect your life and your beloved ones for a certain amount of time requires reliable,dependable tools....and glocks are just that: reliable-dependable,,and indestructible. gimme a glock and an AK for those long days watching things scrolling down.

.....aand,curiously,they're great game guns too!! not pretty(while mine are very nice now) ,but plenty accurate for the uspsa,or ipsc game .

I really don't 'Like' glocks, but they DO work. Wife bought a G17 3rd gen and has issue with racking. Added a $17 clip that I could now 3d Print (was injection molded) that tapers the rear. Makes all the difference to her. And a LW threaded barrel to use our first suppressor on. Quiet, and accurate. Good gun that works.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123