MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading

Thread: 12G Wad Punch and Filler Wad/Overshot Card Punch

12G Wad Punch and Filler Wad/Overshot Card Punch

Not sure if anyone would be interested or not, but a while ago I got sick of being told my LGS was out of "specialty" shotgun components (non-resin wads, filler wads, cushion wads, overshot cards) so I decided to make a press-mounted tool to produce my own.

I posted my design on YouTube and received a number of inquiries from people interested in buying one for themselves, so I found a shop to produce 100 units for me. If you'd like to see what the tools look like, you can check them out at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyDQRUyzo3Y If you'd like to purchase one, you can email me at greg AT tacticaladvantage DOT ca Price is $80USD including shipping and insurance to anywhere in the US or Canada.

I've had a lot of inquiries about similar tools for 20G and .410; I doubt there'd be enough demand for me to make something in those, however if you know of anything similar please let me know so I can refer folks.

Thanks!

Boolit Master

I have been watching those videos for a while. Glad you got production up and running.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

I maybe interested in 1.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

What I have done is bought a Snap On Gasket hole punch.It take care of all that I need for shotgun also for brass cases also. You do it all by hand but works for me. Just to give you all an idea also.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I started buying old card and fibre wads in most of the common gauges at our local gun shows years ago when they were out of fashion and everyone was using plastic wads, so I was lucky and got them all at low prices. I pretty much have a lifetime supply ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by trapper9260 View Post
    What I have done is bought a Snap On Gasket hole punch.It take care of all that I need for shotgun also for brass cases also. You do it all by hand but works for me. Just to give you all an idea also.
    Yeah I did that for a while but the time involved quickly became too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    I started buying old card and fibre wads in most of the common gauges at our local gun shows years ago when they were out of fashion and everyone was using plastic wads, so I was lucky and got them all at low prices. I pretty much have a lifetime supply ...
    I'm from Canada and they're absurdly expensive here, IF you can even find them. Pretty much the only option at this point is to order them from BPI, but they only have two distributors up here and after the exchange rate, markup and shipping it's just ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Yeah I did that for a while but the time involved quickly became too much for me.
    I do not use alot of them that is why it works for me.Just to give a different idea of what might help someone
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA