RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Ed's Red Strikes again!

In Remembrance

Ed's Red Strikes again!

This is nuts: I hardly believe it myself, but it WORKED!

I must have inherited a bit of my mother's allergic reaction to mosquito bites, for recently I acquired a few dozen and they were driving me crazy, all swollen up and resisting commercial topical solutions like 'Afterbite'. The 'solutions' ran out, of course on Sunday when no resupply was available. Ed's Red was there, close at hand. WTH? Try anything! A dab here, a dab there..........PRESTO!! Itch all gumbah! Darned if I can explain why. So if any of you out there are in similar straits, Thank You Ed!!! I'm not suggesting a long treatment, just a temporary relief. YMMV.
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

Boolit Master
    Ballistol may also work, if you happen to have any on hand. The German army used it on leather, guns, people, and animals (for external use only).
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Cures mange on dogs too.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 08-11-2018 at 09:04 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HABCAN View Post
    This is nuts: I hardly believe it myself, but it WORKED!

I must have inherited a bit of my mother's allergic reaction to mosquito bites, for recently I acquired a few dozen and they were driving me crazy, all swollen up and resisting commercial topical solutions like 'Afterbite'. The 'solutions' ran out, of course on Sunday when no resupply was available. Ed's Red was there, close at hand. WTH? Try anything! A dab here, a dab there..........PRESTO!! Itch all gumbah! Darned if I can explain why. So if any of you out there are in similar straits, Thank You Ed!!! I'm not suggesting a long treatment, just a temporary relief. YMMV.
    The full recipe with Acetone and Lanolin?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

In Remembrance

I don't remember adding lanolin, but acetone certainly.
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

Boolit Master
    Here we have a major problem with yellow jackets. I found that wd 40 works well for those. Adolf's meat tenderizer works pretty good too, but don't like running in the house when the wd 40 is under the work bench. By the way, wd 40 also kills them if you hit them with it on the nest.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    Ballistol may also work, if you happen to have any on hand. The German army used it on leather, guns, people, and animals (for external use only).
    I just used some for that. Ballistol works pretty good for skin ailments and minor stuff like that.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    I have had good luck with apple cider vinegar, seems to take the itch away

Boolit Buddy

A couple weeks ago when weed eating my electric fences, the chiggers got into my boots and settled in my socks. When I pulled my socks off my ankles were one solid chigger bite, itching like crazy and driving me mad. After taking a shower googled home remedies for chigger bites and one is vapo rub like Vicks salve with salt mixed and spread on the bites. Had to sit around with my pants legs up to let the air to my ankles and this works really well, stops the itching and the salt draws the moisture from the chigger bites and they were healed in a day. The camphor and menthol give a cooling effect while releaving the itch.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by owejia View Post
    A couple weeks ago when weed eating my electric fences, the chiggers got into my boots and settled in my socks. When I pulled my socks off my ankles were one solid chigger bite, itching like crazy and driving me mad. After taking a shower googled home remedies for chigger bites and one is vapo rub like Vicks salve with salt mixed and spread on the bites. Had to sit around with my pants legs up to let the air to my ankles and this works really well, stops the itching and the salt draws the moisture from the chigger bites and they were healed in a day. The camphor and menthol give a cooling effect while releaving the itch.
    Good to know. A few years ago, my wife and I, plus a friend went to a shotgun match and got into the chiggers. It is amazing where those little buggers will go. (use your imagination and you won't be far off) My wife suffered with them for days and she had a LOT of them.

Boolit Buddy

Fast Ronnie as my step daughter says, they migrate to where your underwear fit the tightest. Often wonder why God created chiggers, still can't think of a reason.

Boolit Master

I hates chiggers. But they die at 42 degrees F
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus