Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 327 fed. mag.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi jeff Michel, where did you get a 140 gr. sledge hammer bullet. so far the heaviest i've found for sale is the 115 gr. from Meisters. but I did just get the new wolf trigger spring and 10 lb.s hammer spring into my sp101(.327 Federal mag.) 4 inch barrel. I'll try mine Friday. the "kit" came with a 12 lb. hammer spring also. some people seem to like the 12 lb spring better than the 10 lb. one.
    Pat

Boolit Grand Master

The 10# kind of worked in my GP100, but I feel much better with the 12#. The 10# did not work in my SP101. I went with the lightest trigger return in my GP100 which resets with authority, but kept the stock one in my SP101, as it did not seem to reset as well with the light spring.

Boolit Master

The sledgehammer was a group buy a few years ago. Milhec did the cutting and 2 Dogs(member) was the Honcho. Here you go.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...r-HP-and-Solid

And another:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...lnir-Group-Buy

These are both in process or close to being ran.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Trapper9260, is your BH one of the old Buckeye Specials in 32 H&R or the later eight shot 327? When I had my B-E Spl, brass was so hard to come by I didn't shoot it much before foolishly selling it. My newer 327 has no problem handling ANY brass I've tried in it so far from 32 acp and "shorts" up through the 327s it's chambered for.

P Flado, for what it is, I didn't regard Starline's 327 brass all that expensive, and I'm seeing them available in 100 round baggies now, which I regard as a minimal amount of any caliber to have in stock for reloading. I'm still picking up random amounts of 32 H&R and am up to about 3-400 rounds. Considering this is not going to be one of my primary loads, that should be plenty. As I typed this I remembered that I stashed a box of factory ammo and one of unprimed brass from that earliest run... I need to mark that or somehow keep it separate so I don't depend on it working well. Since my 125 grain NOE (314008) bullet is so long in the nose, I may use H&R brass to give me a bit more clearance in cylinder/chamber length.

Froggie
    My is when they first came out and is a 8 shot. It is a 327mag BH ,I seen the write up in the American Rifleman some time ago when they first came up and talk with my gunsmith about it and got me one. I get that magazine.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Buddy
    I just tried the 10# spring in my .327. it will not fire the shells in double action. only in single action.(I don't shoot much single action.) So I'll be changing out the 10 # for my 12 in the near future. I was given some .327 federal mag.s ammo. I fired one, (never mind, I'll try something else, they kick, HARD!).

Quote Originally Posted by pakmc View Post
    I just tried the 10# spring in my .327. it will not fire the shells in double action. only in single action.(I don't shoot much single action.) So I'll be changing out the 10 # for my 12 in the near future. I was given some .327 federal mag.s ammo. I fired one, (never mind, I'll try something else, they kick, HARD!).
    Yes they can . It works for me . beside all the others that you can shoot in it. Try 32 H&R Mag and see how that is for you.It is just alittle shorter then the 327.

Boolit Buddy
    I picked up a 20 round box of H&R and they where ok, what i'm loading is real close to the power of the H&R. 3.5 gr's of Trail boss does pretty good, 4.4 gr's of 231 does good and so does 9gr.s of 4227. I had to go back to the 12 # spring on the hammer and it shoots the double action fine(only one misfire.) I"m shooting a .313 dia. bullet of 115gr.sl powder coated. I'd like to find a .314 dia. bullet of 115+ lb.s just to try it.

Good to see it works out for you to use the H&R .Just a idea just shoot the 327 only when you need to if the times come since for how it for you and just use the other 4 that you can shoot in it.How is the groups for you for the ones you shoot with .313 dia? If it is good stick with it.I understand to see if .314 would be better at times I was thinking the same.I will see also if I would go that way also to see.

Boolit Buddy
    i'll know a little more tomorrow. i've got two more loads to really try out. 4.4gr/s of 231. and 9gr's of 4227 with the 115gr. bullets.I've also had a real learning experience with changing the springs in these things. I also have the 10 shot .22 sp101. same gun just slightly different hole in the barrel. I might be looking at another one soon but what do I let go to afford another Ruger sp or GP????

Ah yes, I recall, I got rid of every single 38 Special case in the shop, re-adjusted my dies to 357 for the last time, and happily ever after shot any level of load I wanted, without ever once getting short cases mixed into long cases.
    My .327 SP 101 with 4.2" bbl will be paid for soon. I am accumulating brass, mold, and dies. I have only Starline 327 Fed Mag brass in the wish list. No reloader's fantasy of " how many new cases can I start to load for ?" (OK, I did think for a second that a few H&R cases would be nice... But I resisted.)

The mold I am planning on is the Lee 90gr.314 SWCTL. I sure hope I can find some data for Unique, my mainstay medium load powder. Any thoughts ?
    "A society that values equality above liberty will have neither. A society that values liberty above equality will have plenty of both " - Milton Friedman

There is data out there for more for the 327 now then when I first got my BH when they first came out and there was write up in the NRA mag on it . the 90gr will be a good one to use in the that round and you can load the other 32's if you like with it .I got my SP101 4" paid for just wait for it to show up now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12