Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners Load Data

Thread: (1) WTS: Bullet Molds - Lyman & Ideal

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar

(1) WTS: Bullet Molds - Lyman & Ideal

I am thinning out my 50 + year collection of bullet molds – some are duplicates and others are molds I either picked up along the way or don’t use. These have been stored in divided plastic storage boxes and always where dry. Cavities are in good shape, some may need some minor cleaning but all are nice molds. All have the handle mounting screws. Some I have cast with and others I haven’t. See photos please.

Prefered payment by PayPal – friend/family. Some don’t like PP but it mkes for a fast transaction and quick delivery to the purchaser.

All are priced without the shipping added. With the exception of the Lyman nutcracker handles and the Lyman 4 cavity, all will be shipped in a SFRB wherever the Post Office will take them. I should be able to fit up to four or five sets of blocks in one SFRB. The single cavity molds that have handles will also go by SFRB. The nutcracker handles and nutcracker handle/4 cavity mold will go in a padded flat rate envelope – well packed for shipping. SFRB or Padded Envelope shipping cost will be $7.00 and for multiple purchases, every effort will be made to combine shipping to keep cost down.

Please post an “I’ll take it” – first “I’ll take it” prevails and then PM me with your shipping address and I will send my payment information. Thanks!

Item 1 – Lyman 4 cavity .375 Round Ball mold blocks with Lyman “nut cracker” handles. Mold blocks show very little use, if any, and the handles were used tha I purchased for the blocks – they are in nice shape as well. If you shoot a .36 caliber cap and ball revolver, this will make casting fast. Price: $75.00 plus shipping.

Item 2 – I pair of Lyman “nut cracker” handles for Lyman 4 cavity mold blocks. Used but in nice shape. Price: $25.00 plus shipping.

Item 3 – Lyman single cavity .437 round ball mold with handles. Very good condition,very little if any use. I ended up with duplicates and never cast in this set. I use this ball size in my H & A Underhammer .45 caliber rifle with the tighter Numrich barrel. It also works great in my .45 caliber TC Seneca with a pillowticking patch. Loads easily in the field and is accurate. Price: $40.00 plus shipping.

Item 4 – Another one identical to Item 3 - Lyman single cavity .437 round ball mold with handles. Very good condition, little if any use. I ended up with duplicates and never cast in this set. I use this ball size in my H & A Underhammer .45 caliber rifle with the tighter Numrich barrel. It also works great in my .45 caliber TC Seneca with a pillowticking patch. Loads easily in the field and is accurate. Price: $40.00 plus shipping.

Item 10 – Lyman single cavity .498 round ball mold blocks - marked .498. Price: $25.00 plus shipping.

I have more mold blocks and reloading items listed on here in another thread. Link below.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...r-Clad-Bullets

Thanks for looking!

SOLD

Item 5 - BrassMagnet
    Item 6 - BrassMagnet
    Item 7 - BrassMagnet
    Item 8 - BrassMagnet
    Item 9 - BrassMagnet Items 5 thru 9 shipped 8/13/2018
    Last edited by bedbugbilly; 08-14-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Additional Mold Block Photos - Item 6 thru 10

Additional photos

Boolit Master

I'lltakethese:

Item 5 – Antique IDEAL 360-72 one piece handle/mold. This casts a round nose, plain base bullet in the 110 grain range – Mold is marked “36072 110”.. It is ideal for light target loads and was originally designed for use in the 38-44 Smith & Wesson according to my Ideal/Lyman reference. I have cast a dozen or so in this mold and they shot well out of my 38 revolvers loaded in 38 Colt Short brass. Being .360, they would also work well in the .38 S & W cartridge (not to be confused with the 38 Special) as well as 38 Colt Long and 38 Special. This is a nice collectible mold that is in nice shape – cavity is nice. Price: $55.00 plus shipping.

Item 6 – IDEAL 360-345 single cavity mold blocks that cast a plain base approximately 115 grain Semi-Wad Cutter design bullet according to my one Ideal-Lyman reference. My reference material indicates that this particular bullet was designed by J. B. Crabtree for a clean cutting bullet to be used in 38 caliber revolvers. I have cast a dozen or so in this mold as well and it drops a nice bullet. I loaded them in 38 Colt Short brass and they shot very well. This is a nice set of blocks for a vintage bullet that should work in not only the 38 Colt Short, Long and 38 Special but the 38 S & W cartridge as well. A nice collectible set of blocks that you don’t run across very often. Price: $40.00 plus shipping.

Boolit Master

I'll takethese:

Item 8 - Lyman single cavity .490 round ball mold blocks. Price: 25.00 plus shipping.

Item 9 - IDEAl single cavity 454-190 RNFP (round nose flat point) mold blocks. This casts the traditional 255 grain roun nose flat point bullet used in the 45 Schofield and 45 Colt cartridge. I have cast with this mold – it throws a nice bullet and shoots well in my 45 Uberti Colt. A nice older collectible set of mold blocks. Price: $35.00 plus shipping.

Boolit Master

I'll take #7

Thank you very much Ron! PM coming with my payment information. Jim

Items 5,6,7,8 and 9 - SPF Brass Magnet

Items 1, 2, 3, 4 and 10 still available.

Sunday morning bump.

Wednesday hump day bump

offers? Most I can say is no.

One last bump and then off to other means of selling them.

Mods - please close thread. Thank you.