Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: Isaiah 53

Boolit Master

Isaiah 53

“Who has believed our message? To whom has the Lord revealed his powerful arm? My servant grew up in the Lord’s presence like a tender green shoot, like a root in dry ground. There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance, nothing to attract us to him. He was despised and rejected— a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care.”
    **Isaiah‬ *53:1-3‬ *NLT‬‬
    http://bible.com/116/isa.53.1-3.nlt
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

This passage really struck a cord with me this morning! Thank you there is much to ponder and think about and I believe I will be discussing this verse in our next family bible study. Thank you for sharing it in our wonderful little chapel.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    You picked a good one Ronnie ! It got me reading some people I haven't in a good while . You made me think brother .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...53&version=KJV
    I prefer what I grew up with but read the whole chapter. Much of the text of Handels Messiah came from this chapter as does vs 8 "Who shall declare his generation". Who but God to testify He is the Son.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    “Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.”
    **Isaiah‬ *53:4-5‬ *NASB‬‬
    http://bible.com/100/isa.53.4-5.nasb
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth. By oppression and judgment He was taken away; And as for His generation, who considered That He was cut off out of the land of the living For the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due? His grave was assigned with wicked men, Yet He was with a rich man in His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.
    Isaiah 53:6-9 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...9&version=NASB

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    [QUOTE=rl69;4432571]All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth. By oppression and judgment He was taken away; And as for His generation, who considered That He was cut off out of the land of the living For the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due? His grave was assigned with wicked men, Yet He was with a rich man in His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.
    Isaiah 53:6-9 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...9&version=NASB[/QUOTE

Amen .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    10 But it was the Lord’s good plan to crush him
    and cause him grief.
    Yet when his life is made an offering for sin,
    he will have many descendants.
    He will enjoy a long life,
    and the Lord’s good plan will prosper in his hands.
    11 When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish,
    he will be satisfied.
    And because of his experience,
    my righteous servant will make it possible
    for many to be counted righteous,
    for he will bear all their sins.
    12 I will give him the honors of a victorious soldier,
    because he exposed himself to death.
    He was counted among the rebels.
    He bore the sins of many and interceded for rebels.

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    this verse did it for me!

as it was written some 500 years before the birth of Jesus the christ , the chosen one