Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: metastatic prostate cancer

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Snuffy may Jesus touch that and bring healing for his glory.
    Amen

You and your family are in my prayers.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master

Praying for the best for your treatment!
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I truly wish you the best and hopefully, you will beat this. Amazing things happen so keep the faith and hope alive. You are right about men getting the tests. I'm always afyer everyone I know. They had missed the digital test on me for too long. My PSA was never high though. Well, it turned out I was in stage 4 cancer before they detected it. I was lucky and it was contained and I got the robotic surgery and have won the battle. GET TESTED GUYS.......DO NOT STALL ABOUT IT< JUST GO AND GET TESTED OFTEN. Again......the very very best of luck to you.

Boolit Buddy
    As said my psa count was always low but the byopsy showed a high level of cancer. Went the davinchy robot back in 2004 other than sexual side effects I'm alive and 70 now. I guess one of the worse phone calls a person can get is to have a nurse tell you that you've got cancer and you need to see the doctor asap. My heart goes out to all that get this disease in any way shape or form.

Boolit Master

My first trip to my oncologist today gave me a lot more info. A positive name for the type of bone cancer, metastatic derived from prostate cancer. The treatment regimen will be beamed radiation to shrink the tumors, and 2 types of oral chemotherapy. I began both today, the radiation will be 5 sessions, then done. The chemo will be as long as I can tolerate it. Doc says half tolerate it pretty well, the other half don't, their survival rate is lower. Anybody see a reason to shut your mouth, just take it?

No predictions,,,--- yet. Too soon, maybe in 3-4 months. Time to get serious on a bucket list. For sure one more deer hunt with my son, or as many as I can do yet. Turkeys in the spring, maybe some fishing.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master
    Hope you beat this thing. Never know what the future holds.
    Doctors know a lot, but they have been wrong many times.
    Did you notice any symptoms?????
    Friend of mine just finished the spot chemo for prostate.
    His seems to have worked. Clean bill of health.
    Keep thinking positive. The mind can do almost anything with positive thinking.
    Plus you have all of us hoping for your good health.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Hope you beat this thing. Never know what the future holds.
    Doctors know a lot, but they have been wrong many times.
    Did you notice any symptoms?????
    Friend of mine just finished the spot chemo for prostate.
    His seems to have worked. Clean bill of health.
    Keep thinking positive. The mind can do almost anything with positive thinking.
    Plus you have all of us hoping for your good health.
    What got me to the ortho doc was a burning pain in my left butt cheek. And increased pain in the usual spot on mt lower back where there's a collapsed disc and bulgy disc material pressing on nerves. My chiropractor initially thought it was sciatica, so we were also looking for one of the 4 roots of that nerve to be compressed.

When the MRI came back showing the bone cancer, I was referred to my oncologist and that's where I am into the treatment plan now. Today was day 2 of 5 radiation treatments, so I'm on my way. The chemo started yesterday as well, so far no reaction. Actually I feel real good, Dr. Bayer Gave me some OXY for pain, so even this early pain management is of top importance.

Just in case the underlying message has been lost,(some saw why I posted this), AGAIN GET CHECKED! I did everything right, caught it early back in 2010, but it still is with me.

Yeah it's humiliating to "get the finger, but it could save your life. Digital screening could lead to # 2 on the hit parade a PSA test, in fact do both. If the PSA is above 4.0, #3 will be a biopsy test. If cancer cells are found then it's time for a decision. A long talk about options with a urologist to make a plan.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Remember when things get tough you have many praying for you and your.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Snuffy I am sorry you are facing this. Prayers offered.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear that, Snuff Man - dang it, chit happens!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12