RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swedish Mauser Still in Official Use

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
    Well, yeah, it's Canada, one of the nicest countries in the world.
    Speedo66,

Well, Yea Canada may be one of the nicest countries in the world, BUT the world is changing and the Bad Guys PLAY for keeps! I suggest Guards "Lock and Load" in case of NEED! Guards with unloaded guns are useless and LEAD to dead soldiers like happened in Lebanon at the Marine Barracks.

A guard is to take charge of his/her post in an alert manner and to observe everything within sight and hearing. Next: the guard is to be able to deal with any threat. What is an UNLOADED gun worth???? So much for "Nice" in 2018.

Adam

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    The carbine is still a service weapon for the Liv Guard 1st Kavalry for palace guard duty.
    They are carried cocked and locked with live ammo.

Dutch
    That is a cool factoid, Dutchman. That has to make it the oldest military rifle still in service. I believe the 7.62x54R cartridge is still in use in some roles with the Russian military, but not the Mosin-Nagant.

I lived in Sweden. I was single. It was fun.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ranger View Post
    We had a Canadian Soldier shot and killed in Ottawa a few years ago while guarding our Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
    I would bet his rifle was not loaded. Assailant was shot and killed by the Sgt at Arms in our House of Commons.
    I assume our soldiers on ceremonial duty still carry empty rifles. Not the way to go in today's world.
    I remember reading about. The Sergeant at Arms or whatever his title is was my hero. Apparently that is purely a ceremonial position usually reserved for an old lawman who's done his service and his sidearm is just a technicality. They said after he shot the perp, his very calm radio call was "I have engaged the suspect and he is deceased." What a guy!

Isn't the RCMP still armed with SMLEs? MUCH better battle rifle than those Swede Mausers, at least I'd darn sure rather have one in a fight.

That's a pretty snazzy uniform she's wearing, by the way.

Boolit Bub
    The Sgt at Arms was on duty the next day and received a standing ovation from all our Federal Members of Parliament. Kind of ironic as our Federal Government tends to be anti gun. Story is a little different when the armed bad guy is shooting up your work place. From what I read at the time Sgt at Arm used a full mag at close range. Not sure but I would think a 9mm. Not sure what the standard RCMP issue is these days. Our "working" soldiers are still issued Browning HP's. My son carried one for 9 months in Afghanistan.

Boolit Master
    No, the RCMP hasn't had Enfields for a long time. There is less formal national guard type unit, Scouts or Rangers or something with heavy First Nations representation that was issued LeeEnfields until about two years ago. They still would be but maintenance and parts availability brought them down. While the larger magazine of the LE certainly has its advantages, the incredible accuracy, light recoil, and at least equivalent penetration of the Swedish Mauser and 6.5x55 render the certitude of your opinion on the matter dubious.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RPRNY View Post
    No, the RCMP hasn't had Enfields for a long time. There is less formal national guard type unit, Scouts or Rangers or something with heavy First Nations representation that was issued LeeEnfields until about two years ago. They still would be but maintenance and parts availability brought them down. While the larger magazine of the LE certainly has its advantages, the incredible accuracy, light recoil, and at least equivalent penetration of the Swedish Mauser and 6.5x55 render the certitude of your opinion on the matter dubious.
    How much combat did those Swedes see as opposed to the SMLE? Might make a better target rifle, no way is it a better combat weapon. Pretty doesn't win fights.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    How much combat did those Swedes see as opposed to the SMLE? Might make a better target rifle, no way is it a better combat weapon. Pretty doesn't win fights.
    And ignorance doesn’t win debates.Why don’t we leave it there? You have an opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Banned

Well, I've shot both so not sure I'm ignorant and will stand by my opinion. Sorry the truth hurts.

Boolit Master
    Impolite as well.

Boolit Master

Fixed bayonets!
    That can put the fear of the good Lord in anybody, if they know how to use it.
    I don't care what it is mounted on!

The Lee Enfield's superiority as a bolt action battle rifle has been settled for 100 years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RPRNY View Post
    Impolite as well.
    Coming from the guy who started name calling, I'll give that comment exactly the credibility it deserves = ZERO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    The Lee Enfield's superiority as a bolt action battle rifle has been settled for 100 years.
    Ahhh, a man who can think. Glad to know.

I wouldn't mind having a Swede in my safe.

It would sit quite nicely among all my Lee Enfields (all sporterized unfortunately).
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
    I wouldn't mind having a Swede in my safe.

It would sit quite nicely among all my Lee Enfields (all sporterized unfortunately).
    Yes she would. Both of them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Good looking woman like that and we turn the talk to military rifles. The sickness runs deep...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I have shot and own several examples of both. I’ll take a #4 Mk 2 over any Swede if my life was on the line. My Swedes are beautiful and capable, but it’s the Enfield for me in this hypothetical situation.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    I have shot and own several examples of both. I’ll take a #4 Mk 2 over any Swede if my life was on the line. My Swedes are beautiful and capable, but it’s the Enfield for me in this hypothetical situation.
    The No4 is capable of great accuracy but those Swedes are way more beautiful. But speaking of rifles .... I would like a Swede (rifle).
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Swedish Mauser Still in Official Use

Yes they are

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Coming from the guy who started name calling, I'll give that comment exactly the credibility it deserves = ZERO.
    Your ill behavior grants you no credibility. I have explained to why your certitude is baseless. Butt-hurt is not a substantive argument.
    Last edited by RPRNY; 08-20-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast