Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyGraf & Sons
Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersStainLess Steel Media
Titan Reloading

Thread: Anyobe shoot the Crossno .22lr sub caliber barrel insert or know anything about them?

Boolit Master

Anyobe shoot the Crossno .22lr sub caliber barrel insert or know anything about them?

I made a post on here 2-3 weeks ago, about a .22 lr in maybe a Mini Sharps or a low wall. someone mentioned the Crossno .22 lr inserts so I got on youtube and only found one brief video of a guy shooting one, once, that was it. Anyone know anything about them, have experience using them. All replies appreciated!

I have one for my .45 Sharps. Once you figure out how to clock the insert fo installation so that the extractor slot is at 12 O'clock when seated, installation is simple, quick and repeatable for zero. The insert is accurate in the extreme and will out shoot a Walther target rifle in my posession and out shot a Marlin 2000 I used to have. Only draw back is case extraction which is done with a small screwdriver but is quick and easy. Given good ammo and the sights one has on a long range rifle, you will be amazed what can be done out to 400+ yards. The device is well worth the money which was not a lot when I bought mine.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    I have 3 of them. They shoot very well. Like Dan mentioned the hard part is getting it indexed.
    I wrote an article in The American Sharpsshooter about them a few years ago 2013 volume 5
    GUSA #6
    People will forget what you said...
    People will forget what you did...
    But People will NEVER forget how you made them feel

Want to join in adult conversation about shooting the old ways without the hysterics associated with other places?http://historicshooting.com/mybb/index.php

Boolit Master
    They are pretty good. I have one and it's quite accurate, although not as accurate as my CPA with it's Douglas XX barrel with match chamber. It has shot ten shot groups in not a lot over a minute of angle at 100m though.

The only thing you need to be aware of is that, on some rifles it will not clear the tang sight base so it's more of a PITA to remove/install it. On my CSA highwall it was no problem, but on my Shiloh sharps with the Long Range Express stock it hits the MVA sight base when you try and insert it.

I bought mine from Shiloh and can guarantee you won't find a more accurate .22LR for anything close to the cost. Some have said that theirs shoot cheap ammo well, but mine shows a definite preference for the match grade stuff ( like I'd expect ). Lapua Center-X works very well, as does RWS R-50.

Chris.