Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va

Am I the only one

Am I the only person that actually counts once fired brass they buy? Purchased some 357 brass from centerfire brass and it came up short (only 12 rounds but short is short). Contacted them was told they were very sorry and that they would send the rest out on monday( almost 3 weeks ago). Last I heard from them. Giving the benefit of the doubt emailed again no answer tried one more time still no answer. Not just figure that they are ignoring me. Oh well not really going to make but so much fuss over 12 rounds but this will stick in my mind on future orders. Most people throw one or two extra in so this doesn't happen. Now the 12 rounds doesn't count the few that were bad because there are always a couple bad ones in every batch of the ones that are 38 spec instead of 357 because I can still use them. Am I just being to picky? Sometimes it's the little things that bother me the most.
    Last edited by RED BEAR; 08-09-2018 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Spell correction on tablet

They are probably selling by weight. But I agree with you, they should pad the weight a little to make certain each customer gets what is due.

Boolit Master
    You're not the only one who counts-- I always do. I bought a brand new bag of 357 Winchester bag in the sealed container. Was supposed to be 100 cases but it was only 99. Being one case short is a pain when you load in batches of 50 and try to keep track of how many times you have reloaded each set.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    this is why i buy starline brass.

never a bad one and usually if i buy 1000 of any caliber ...i usually get 2 or 3 extras!

kudos to starline

Yes it is a pain i do load in batches of 50. The first email was so curtious that I figured I just found a new brass source but then not to follow through and then just ignore me had me rethinking.

even if they count by the weight, the count should be there.it'is not rocket science. lets say 10 pounds of 147grs= 1000bullets. well.... 1000units should be in the box,and some more to compensate the duds.certainly not less. and yes i count. either new cases or bullets,doesn't matter.the right count should be there.

Boolit Master

Why most include over the count. Bad rep for 12 9mm case's??

Boolit Grand Master

I count. The reason is that I load in batches of 100 or 1000. Like the amounts of brass and bullets in a box.

Boolit Master
    It is not the amount that is short. I believe that you should get what you pay for. Simple as that.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Master

I would also consider if you bought 100 or 1000 pieces. Twelve pieces short is a huge percentage on a 100 piece purchase but an understandable error on 1000 or more pieces.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    HMM, petty larceny.
    I have to wonder how loud they'd squeal if they sent you your order then you sent them 90% of the agreed upon price.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    I always count and when I purchased 500 357 max brass I got 20 extra, Thanks Remington. Regards Stephen

Boolit Grand Master

Shipping a doz short on a 100 pc order makes for a darn good profit, and his inventory will have another reason to outlast the business.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Saying something to them didn't get their attention. Probably not buying another thing from them won't work either. Spreading the word to your friends, and hopefully they pass it on to their friends, will get into the scums reputation and business. Are you willing to look out for your friends?

I must say the day after I posted this centerfire brass contacted me and was very apologetic. And has sent the rest of the order with tracking. Now did it slip through the cracks or was it the post? I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say it slipped through the cracks as I have never dealt with him. But at least he is making it right.

Boolit Master
    Nobody's perfect. It speaks volumes that he does what's necessary to make things right. Thanks for keeping us up on what's goin' on.

Boolit Master
    back when I reloaded for other people I would buy once fired brass from midway always got a over count by 3 or more. also other places worst I ever got was dead on.

Boolit Master
    I count brass as well. new. used once fired...

I bought 1000..once fired 223 brass from a brass from dealer ..

sorted it by head stamp .. 50 at a time using 45acp plastic box insert

started tossing split neck brass in a bucket 1-2-3 or more per 50.. just one brand

sent a email to where i bought it from they said they would send me replacement ... and they made it good..

so you know my trick to count 45acp plastic box insert and to check head stamp

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.

Am I the only one

I count everything! Even my meds usually get counted. I get irritated over this sort of thing. I had a PO box in El Paso, Tx for 12 years. I always addressed the same. #1234 —address. My post office returned it once as “undeliverable as addressed “ . I went in, told the guy I had written every time the exact same way & they arrived just fine for 12 years. He wanted another stamp to send it. I refused on the principle of the thing. I put on postage, you send it. Now I have a huge line behind me. People started tossing coins on the desk to cover postage. No way was I paying twice for mailing once!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    I must say the day after I posted this centerfire brass contacted me and was very apologetic. And has sent the rest of the order with tracking. Now did it slip through the cracks or was it the post? I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say it slipped through the cracks as I have never dealt with him. But at least he is making it right.
    They screwed up, you had to spend your time contacting them about it. They ignored you. They used that "benefit" of the doubt early on. If they don't send 10 extra to make up for your time and inconvenience, I'd be done with them.

Last time I picked up food-to-go they got the order wrong. I called them up, they said they'd be happy to correct it, but they wanted me to take my time and drive my car down to their restaurant to correct their mistake. I said, between my time and the gas and wear and tear on my vehicle, you're going to owe me $10.00. They said, oh, we can't do that. I said, "so you're screwing me out of $10.00 and refusing to make good on it. I'm going to spread that around to everybody who will listen."

I have a BIG problem with people who are unwilling to pay for their mistakes.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast