RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need suggestions for a small charge powder measure that is accurate.

I’ve no affiliation with any links, just asking if you aren’t sure you can’t afford the Redding?
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Reddi...d=173447487338
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Reddi...28.m4969.l1313
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Redding-Powde...28.m4969.l1313

That’s three at decent prices. The new powder tube works on these, I know this for a fact! Knowing what I know now.... I’d have taken the money I spent on the PPM and ended up with two of these! They are deathly accurate and offer a much wider range of throw than anything on the market (without changing drums/meters) now.
    My Dillons are close to this, but not as accurate, seriously, these things should still be made now! IMO Redding really screwed up changing this design, I guess it wasn’t as profitable as selling two drum assemblies?
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Master

I see the ones to look for now... thanks.

Boolit Master
    For small charges I use the RCBS Little Dandy or the Lyman 55.They both work well.

The newest releases of the Lee Auto Drum have been highly improved. The ones with the dull finish on the plastic drum. I have been loading AA#5 with this measure and getting next to no leakage. Recently have tried some AA#2 which is the smallest, finest grained powder I've seen and I've gotten very little leakage.

The only real problem I've had with the Auto Drum has been with 380acp cases and have them not feeding into the measure very well and then having them chip out the mouth of the case.

Boolit Master

I've used a LYMAN #55 to throw 1.0grs of BULLSEYE for loading .32 Short&Wimpy in my Grandma's SMITH & WESSON LemonSqueezer.
    I load 2.0grs of BULLSEYE in .32ACP in my other Grandma's COLT 1903.
    Worked for me since 1979. Use the LYMAN #311252
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

Kinda a round about way to get there but a Lee Auto Disk with one of these works: https://www.titanreloading.com/titan...n-micro-charge Just loaded up some 380's with 2.4g of Tightgroup.

Boolit Master

The Little Dandy and Lyman 55 are very good. If you can find an old Saeco with the micrometer adjustment they're extremely precise; far better than the Uniflow. I have all of them and the Saeco is my favorite.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy

Lyman #55. Graphite powder dry lube only!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    The Lyman 55’s are good at small powder drops.
    I reload small charges with the Lyman #5 - same as the Lyman 55. Exact drops every crank of the handle ...
    * 2 grs Bullseye for 32 Long RF for an 1872 Stevens Tip Up
    * 4.5 grs Swiss Null-B for 22 LR cases that I reload
    Regards
    John

Boolit Buddy
    I found myself in this position many years ago, requiring 1.6 grains of Bullseye to load .32 S&W Long full wadcutters, to use for precision shooting in a Pardini target pistol. This pistol, (along with other similar pistols like Walther, Hammerli, Morini etc.) designed for the job, were straight blowback action and were quite fussy with their load to maintain 100% reliability and maximum accuracy.

After many attempts, making various inserts, bushes, baffles or vibrators in a multitude of measures I gave up and found a quick way to weigh every charge, it really was the only way I could achieve the consistency I wanted.

Boolit Master

I had a 55 years ago, traded it off of course. That sounds like an option I will keep in mind. I am going to tune up a Lee PPM and see how it does and then likely go to an old redding. I just can't make myself buy a measure with fixed volume chambers, something about the lack of adjust-ability makes me cringe. I am accustomed to trickle charging my bench rifles, but really... a few hundred 32acp? I have been shooting what I believe is the 311252 from Missouri Bullets. I love the bullet, but in the CZ the bit of driving band on the front that must be out for correct length gets stuck in the rifling and will not allow me to hand eject a round. If I do not want to unload by hand, it is very accurate. The CZ70 appears to start the rifling right at the case mouth, could use the chamber cut a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    I've used a LYMAN #55 to throw 1.0grs of BULLSEYE for loading .32 Short&Wimpy in my Grandma's SMITH & WESSON LemonSqueezer.
    I load 2.0grs of BULLSEYE in .32ACP in my other Grandma's COLT 1903.
    Worked for me since 1979. Use the LYMAN #311252

Boolit Master
    Harrell Precision Schuetzen Pistol measure. http://harrellsprec.com/index.php/pr...pistol-measure

Lee makes a adjustable charge bar that will NOT leek and is very accurate that works with there auto disk powder measure 6.50 at Natchez SHOOTING Supplies 1 800 251 7839 part # C13LEE90792 I have 3 of them set for my hand guns. it adj .28cc up to 1.6cc I do not know to put that in to GRS but your scales will do that I load 380 9MM 38SP 357 40MM with them Good luck
    Last edited by AABEN; 08-20-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Hi. I have those old school powder measure. All perfect for little and bigClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0943.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	225865 charges.
    Greetings from Espaņa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12