RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Crazy BSA 22lr match rifle

Boolit Master

Crazy BSA 22lr match rifle

I love this gun. Every thing is over the top. Even has a vintage barrel tuner. Its so ugly its cool. Just came in today. Can't wait to shoot it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0808181138a.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	225259

Boolit Master

Oh buddy! That's one of those guns I call a crack pipe - once you pick it up, you won't want to put it down.

(BTW - They "ping" when you shoot them - neat!)
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    Probably the most popular and most accurate target rifle ever made. They guys on the rimfire central forums have posted some real tiny groups with the international series of rifles. I have it's little brother a BSA 12/15 that with Russian brass cased Junior ammo will shoot nicely. Since my eyes have deteriorated seriously thinking of putting a scope on it. The other little BSA was originally Canadian property and had the barrel screwed in as it was a take down originally. Still putzing around with the BSA stock as I have to make up a couple washers as spacers as the stock bolt is too long and too darn hot in the garage right now. That one definitely is going to get scoped. Plan on using a conventional scope rather than the old style exterior adjustment scopes. Sold of my two Lyman scopes target spot and junior target spot. All I got left is a Redfield Internally adjustable scope saving that one. On the Canadian one bubba screwed the finger lever. Got a nice one from a gent in England but was worried that maybe the horns would have to be adjusted. Five shots prooved beyond a shadow of doubt that the firing pin was hitting the case rim right where it should be. Scope one for the old fart. Frank
    Last edited by samari46; 08-10-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Those are pretty serious target rifles, and are very accurate! Once you figure out which ammo it likes best it should provide you a lot of fun!

Love em, I have #6 #8 #12 #13 # 12/15 # 15 and an international along with a few variations not in 22RF anymore. They maybe the least likely to be parted with.

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Boolit Master
    No one warned me about the 600fps shell ejection! I shot it and turned it on its side and worked the lever. It ejected the brass right in to my shooting glasses. When you hold the gun level and eject brass it goes up about 4ft and to the right about 10ft.

Overall I really like it. Holds well and action is really tight.

Boolit Master
    I had a mk3 international for a while, it really liked wolf match target of all things, even over Eley 10x. I did like the fact that I could work the action and load the rifle while sling up in prone without taking it out of my shoulder, which helped my scores. But when I got a good deal on an anschutz 2013 it went down the road.
    NRA High Master XTC
    DR# 2125

Boolit Master
    The Int'l. that I had would eject the empties with enough force that people would look up to see what was hitting the tin roof of our target range, mine shot good with expensive Eley ammo.

Boolit Buddy
    Joe Farmer shot one of these with a Lilja barrel until the last I think 2 years he competed at the Nationals (until about 2015). I think he was the last to do much with them after the arrival of the Anschutz. They are neat rifles.

Super Moderator

..............I had a BSA M12/15 match rifle for 20 some years. It was inhumanly accurate.

Just for fun, if you have a chronograph try this. After a couple fouling shots fire a 5 round group and record the velocities. Put up a new target and fire 5 more. Only this time, after each shot blow through the barrel from the breech, re-load and fire the next round. Repeat for 5 shots. The results can be interesting

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance