Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee Precision

Thread: My son the fine fisherman

Boolit Master

My son the fine fisherman

My son is a fishing whiz. He's been fishing since he was 3, he turns 9 next month. Last year he won the local 4H contest and this past weekend he was in the local fishing derby which had about 65 kids in it and he won 2nd place for crappie. Here he is with his trophy, a new rod and reel. He now as four or five of them of all sizes. He wants to go out tomorrow sometime and throw out a crayfish trap because the local bait shop is paying $25 for a hundred. He's becoming a pretty good go getter when it comes to making his own money especially if there's bait or fishing related stuff to go with it. He's got a couple more weeks to go before the 4H contest this year is over, the fishing hasn't been as great as last year between the oppressive heat and the rain, but he's got a couple nice 9 inch rock bass to show for his effort in addition to all the smaller perch and sunfish.

Whatever cannot be remedied, must be endured.

Boolit Master

Seems to me you both have your priorities straight. Congratulations for the entire family. Keep up the good work.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Congratulations on raising a fine boy.

Best to check the regulations on trapping crayfish if he's planning to sell them.

Moderator Emeritus

Great story and keep up the good work.....take 'em fishin' and huntin' and you both will have a lifetime of memories......by the way if you could read a book called AN OLD MAN AND A BOY, I believe that is the title, it will read almost like what you are describing.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan